We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › Processing Cannot Find Library
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Processing Cannot Find Library (Read 1036 times)
Processing Cannot Find Library
May 8th, 2009, 8:35am

I have started using Arch Linux, and wanted to get Processing working on it.

I was able to download and run Processing just fine, and have so far been able to run any example I throw at it. It also ran a large program I wrote, from back when I was using Windows. Very pleased with this.

However, one program I wrote uses the SoundCipher library. On Windows I was able to put the soundcipher library folder in either the sketchbook/libraries/ folder OR the processing/libraries/ folder and have it find it no problem.

Arch Linux is not finding it so easily. I have put the soundcipher folder in just about every location I can think of. And I have downloaded and extracted the zip as both a user and root, but that does not seem to have mattered. I have also tried various sketchbook locations.

I can however use other, pre-included, libraries (such as opengl).

I have really tried everything I can think of, and am running out of ideas.

Oh, and here is the error I get when I try to run even the simplest "Bing" example (which just makes a little beep):

Code:

The package "arb" does not exist. You might be missing a library.

and the import line is:

Code:

import arb.soundcipher.*;

I did notice the pre-included libraries usually say:
Code:

import proecessing.something.*;

but when I tried to change my import line to be similar it still did not work. (and I did not have to do any such thing on Windows, so I was not surprised)

Any thoughts? Thanks.
Re: Processing Cannot Find Library
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2009, 8:15am

Unfortunately it seems that you have done all that is reasonably required to get the SoundCipher library installed. The error does seem like a classpath issue.... hmmm.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1