We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › Problems with grabbing & using Flickr images again
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Problems with grabbing & using Flickr images again (Read 611 times)
Problems with grabbing & using Flickr images again
May 2nd, 2009, 3:19pm

After insane amounts of searching I've gotten to a point where my code gives me no error messages, but just produces a black project window (:().  After trying a bunch of methods, I found that the code found here (cant post links yet, it seems) seems to be one of the few freely available working methods... so I've been adapting it to my purposes.  Here is my code as it now stands:  

Ugh, the site won't even let me show the code because there are url's in it.  Here is the "link" for pastebin... pastebin (dot) ca/1410727

I am not sure if the URL's are being built incorrectly, and I'm still very early in my attempts to fix this... I just thought it was a good way to break into the community :).  Any insight into why I am getting a black screen returned instead of an image would be much appreciated.  Thanks!
Re: Problems with grabbing & using Flickr images again
Reply #1 - May 4th, 2009, 10:30am

After a little more tweaking it does seem that the links are being built correctly, but I still can't figure out why the images aren't displaying.  The blackness was the background setting and I can move it around... but I just don't see why the images aren't loading at this point.  Code as of now...
pastebin (dot) ca/1412313
Re: Problems with grabbing & using Flickr images again
Reply #2 - May 5th, 2009, 3:27am

The main issue with the code I see is that you never call search()...
Now, if I add it, I get an error on the line with node = _x.getChild(1); (no children?).
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1