We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › Childhood Home Map
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Childhood Home Map (Read 551 times)
Childhood Home Map
Apr 2nd, 2009, 5:40am

See http://www.delahunty.com/stuff/visual/.  This is a map of my childhood home with images linked to areas around the map.  The image descriptions tell a longer story about each image.  I am having some problems I need to solve though, below.

1) Some of the text boxes that appear when click and hold down the mouse appear correctly, appear over the top of nearby green ellipses.  But some appear behind.  There does not appear to be a common reason for this to not work versus working.

2) The images that appear on the left of the screen at 0,0 (mouse clicks on the right of the screen map points) correctly appear on top of the green ellipses while images that appear on the right of the screen at 450,0 (mouse clicks on the left of the screen map points) appear behind the green ellipses.  

Here is what I have tried.  I have tried breaking out the drawData() into separate parts instead of one.  That did not work.  I have toyed around with the alpha value setting on the ellipses and on images and on the rectangle boxes.  I researched opaque as a term with not much luck.  I researched to see if there were global settings for images to be opaque.
Re: Childhood Home Map
Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2009, 6:38am

Looking at the code, you probably have to break the DrawData() functions (like you tried), but in 2 different loops, one displaying the ellipses, the second the mouse overlays. I don't see why it should not work as you're not displaying some 3D datas with alpha and depth.
Re: Childhood Home Map
Reply #2 - Apr 2nd, 2009, 10:33am

Little glitches or not, that's a really beautiful and touching project.  Thank you for sharing.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1