We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › Processing++
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Processing++ (Read 1173 times)
Processing++
Mar 30th, 2009, 7:44pm

Code:

------ Build started: Project: ProcessingTest, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Compiling...
ProcessingTest.cpp
Linking...
Embedding manifest...
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Jack Kern\Desktop\MyWorkspace\Process\Projects\Programming\Source\C++\Reflection\ProcessingTest\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
ProcessingTest - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 2 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Just a teaser, something I'm working on in my spare time. I'll update this when there's cooler stuff to show!

I have both 2D & 3D implementations planned with WinGDI, OpenGL & DirectX support. I'd like to go multi-platform but that's not a priority for me since Processing already does that pretty well.

Jack
Re: Processing++
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2009, 8:09pm

Cool Smiley  Could you explain a bit more how it integrates or works with Processing or is this similar to OpenFrameWorks?
Reply #2 - Mar 30th, 2009, 11:23pm

Right now it has to be compiled with visual studio, but I'm going to make sure it builds in MinGW.. It just has a command line preprocessor step to generate the C++ compatible version with my header & footer, links with two DLL's and then you have a native C++ processing application. In the end I really want to make sure it's as easy to use as processing, because that's what it's all about - having a really easy to use IDE that lets you prototype things quickly. But hopefully this could let people get from prototype to production much more quickly.

The windows framework I wrote follows the PGraphics pattern and allows me to attach a variety of back end APIs (GDI, OpenGL, DirectX) - for now I'm just starting with Windows GDI as I really want to be able to make windows controls with the processing language.

All this will be open source and my goal here is to make this as compatible as possible with Processing itself and I'll use the examples code for testing. Since I'm still kind of tossing ideas around and some things are very much still in the design phase - I won't be releasing the code just yet.

So to answer your question - much more like Processing than OpenFrameworks, you shouldn't have to know how to write C++ at all.

Reply #3 - Apr 4th, 2009, 1:51pm

Visual Studio works for me.  I like that environment and you can download Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition for free.  Look forward to playing with it.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1