We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › New PostToWeb Library (pdf, gif, jpeg, png, tiff)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
New PostToWeb Library (pdf, gif, jpeg, png, tiff) (Read 3509 times)
New PostToWeb Library (pdf, gif, jpeg, png, tiff)
Mar 29th, 2009, 3:00am

I made a little library where you can post pdf, gif, jpeg, png or tiff to a server.
That way, you can give your users the option of saving and downloading in the various formats.

The library and API is available here:
http://libraries.seltar.org/postToWeb/

Enjoy Smiley
Re: New PostToWeb Library (pdf, gif, jpeg, png, tiff)
Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2010, 5:39pm

I am very excited to see that you have created this amazing PostToWeb library. I'm quite excited to use it for a project, but I'm having some serious mental block or other trouble. I've tried your (and many of the other one's I could find on these discussion boards) PHP uploading script working on either of 2 web servers or the Apache server built into OSX. I have made it as far as implementing a basic PHP image uploader form just to make sure that I have the permissions set up right and PHP installed.

Does anyone have some time to help me get this installed and running? I think it must be a path problem and I see 4 places I need to worry about. In the PHP file there is:
 $destDir = 'saved/'.$title.'/';

'/portfolio/'. $destDir . $result[0];

and in the example_1.pde I see:
 String url = "Your Url Here";

"test",url,"png-test",true

I think I need to enter my web address that points to where the Upload.php is located in "Your Url Here" and to make a folder called 'saved' there with the permissions set to 777, but I'm not sure relative to that where the processing sketch goes and if I need a folder called 'portfolio' or 'test' and where those should go.

Thank you in advance for any help you are able to provide. Sorry if this seems way too basic for explanation.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1