We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Pages: 1 2 
New Forum (Read 3429 times)
Re: New Forum
Reply #15 - Mar 28th, 2009, 8:19am

fjen, many thanks for your hard work on this forum.
I noticed a "moved topic" link pointed to the old forum, it is fixed now.
Same for the problem on clear messages.
Oh, while we mention issues, the "highlight" style (H button) seems not defined in the current CSS. Not a must have (ie. low priority), perhaps deactivated voluntarily, but if that's an overlook, I though you wanted to be warned.
Cool
Reply #16 - Mar 28th, 2009, 9:39am

Links to the old forum should be redirected to the new one (fixes search engine results too). If that's not working for a link let me know.

With H-Style you're referring to the BBCode? fixed.

F
Reply #17 - Apr 2nd, 2009, 12:26am

fjen, apparently once somebody answered your message, you can no longer edit it. If this is a revertible setting, I would like the old behavior, where you could always edit your old messages: I found a little bug in one of my codes, and I would prefer to correct it instead of leaving an additional message in the thread that can be overlooked.
Given the quality of the forum, there is little risk of abusing this.
Reply #18 - Apr 2nd, 2009, 6:06pm

It's a setting in the forum admin to disallow editing after two days (or two hours, I can't remember, but it's something like that.) I like it this way, but I'm interested to hear more opinions. I understand your point, and I don't disagree with it.
Reply #19 - Apr 2nd, 2009, 6:34pm

I agree with PhilHo, i think editing posts is more useful that it would cause problems. Do be honest i cant think of a way how anybody could abuse it in a processing forum...
Reply #20 - Apr 6th, 2009, 1:40pm

any chance of making the text input box more than 10 lines high? code tends to he taller and thinner than prose.

and those animated smilies really must die. 8)

(would be easier if the names were all smiley_grin.gif, smiley_kiss.gif etc or in their own directory so i could nuke them with one adblock rule rather than needing 15)
Reply #21 - Apr 6th, 2009, 4:05pm

Agreed.  Smileys must die.  This is a CODE forum, darn it, not a giggling schoolgirl forum!  :)
Reply #22 - Apr 6th, 2009, 4:22pm

Cmon !
Pages: 1 2