We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
problem with promidi (Read 722 times)
problem with promidi
Mar 11th, 2009, 10:50pm

hello,

Iam from Austria (Europe) and I need a little help in processing.
I try to run promidi 2.0 in my xp pc. but I get no visualization or any kind of sign that it works in processing. The midi devices are dedected (when I start a midi vizualisation from the promidi examples). midi ox is also runnin and working! sound is coming out from the synth but there is no sign in processing. I copied the complete promidi folder into the C:\ Documents & Settings/user/own files/processing/libraries/libraries/promidi

I can see the examples in the sketchbook folder and also open it from there. but there is no vizualisation on the screen:-(

I also tried to start a programm with the library in my C:\Processing\libraries\promidi folder
but there I cant find the examples in the scetchbook folder ...so I think this is the wrong way.

which is the right library folder and what can I do to get this thing running?

thx
lg Munki
Re: problem with promidi
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2009, 1:03am

I still had no success!

i deinstalled winvdig & opencv, => visualization with promidi still doesn't work. I tried LoopeBe insted of Midi Yoke but also no change. Here is the Link where got the informations. the page is in german but you can see all the libraries code and tools to get this running. And I tried it so often and nothing helps. When I run the processing code the midi devices are detected the external synth(not in processing)plays fine but nothing happens with the visualization in processing after it.Just the black working board.

http://ig.hfg-gmuend.de/how-to/visualisierung-von-midi-daten-mit-processing

you also can see the code I used.

PLZ PLZ Help me I have an Idea for an experiment installation and need to work with the midi connection in processing.

Is this forum right for my question? or do I need another channel?

grtz mc
Reply #2 - Mar 14th, 2009, 12:06pm

ok.    now i know what the error is!

Midi DX was running and showed that channel 0 port 15 (the light was blinking) from my midi keyboard, is the input (started to count with 1)

in the promidi was the channel 0 & port 0 (started to count with 0)

midiIO.openInput(0,0);

so the right portnumber is 14 (0+15=14 Smiley

midiIO.openInput(0,14);    //that is the right one

I dont wnow why that changed from 0 to 14 I didn't change anything in the promidi processing programm. A frind of mine runs it with Midi channel 0 port 0.

why did my midi port changed? & how can I change it?

I am very very happy that it works now Smiley this was really classical count error.

So be careful with your port numbers!

lg zerohero

Reply #3 - Mar 15th, 2009, 3:47pm

hi zohero,
I am working with promidi and processing too,

Are you displaying animations from midi ?,
I am working in my final year project and I am plugging a electric guitar to make some animations mapping the colour spectrum.
what is your program about?,

also I wanted to asked you, if you find your noteOn method from promidi library stops working, background animations in processing carry on but the noteOn method and noteOff stop calling the drawing methods.

does anybody knows about this problem?

thanks,

Francisco ( London )
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1