We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpVideo Capture,  Movie Playback,  Vision Libraries › Mixing prerecorded video with current video
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Mixing prerecorded video with current video (Read 375 times)
Mixing prerecorded video with current video
Mar 6th, 2009, 12:08pm

I am Esther, an artist living in amsterdam.
Currently I'm working on a project that investigates the individual vs group behaviour. For this project I am building a space where you as an individual are recorded live from the front. Your image will be shown on the wall in front of you, the wall reacts as a mirror. After a few seconds people who have been in the same space before you and were recorded during their session will be shown on the screen/wall. By that a group of people will be created.

The recording camera needs to switch on when you enter the room. I plan to resolve that with a movement sensor. My questions are: how to store the different movies and replay them each time another person is entering the room?
How to best mix these videofiles with the live projection.

I hope this is somewhat clear and someone can help me a step further in this project.
I don't know if processing has the answer, but I heard great things about it, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Thanks in advance for thinking with me Smiley

Greetings,
Esther
Re: Mixing prerecorded video with current video
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2009, 2:19pm

Hey esther i'm in the middle of a similar project using live and prerecorded footage to create a interactive bubble society. Send me a msg or drop me an email if you want to bounce some ideas around! ekinsydesign@gmail.com
All the best
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1