We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
GSVideo - Couldn't load library (Read 26983 times)
Re: GSVideo - Couldn't load library
Reply #30 - Apr 6th, 2009, 4:47pm

Another thing: some people were experiencing an error on windows XP (library "speex" couldn't load). I just uploaded gsvideo 0.5.0.1, which should solve this problem.
Reply #31 - Jul 21st, 2009, 8:30am

Still no luck exporting gsvideo to app?

I'm desperately trying to play videos with opengl acceleration and i've tried gsvideo and jmcvideo. gsvideo is much better performance wise, since jmc is still quite unstable...

But, one good thing jmc has is the ability to call it's constructor using an absolute URI, which then lets you load video files from the data folder (which has to be copied over to application.windows folder).

I tried implementing the VideoUtils class done by angus for the jmcvideo libraryn in my sketch, and use it together with gsvideo, but, since i have to cast the URI to a String to call the gsvideo constructor i encounter the same problem as before..... the app can't load the video and hangs....

Since i really am quite desperate... is there not a way of running the exported applet jar as an application? if so, would it work? what does the 'run' button on processing's ide do that a jar, or wrapped exe, can't??

I'm lost...  Undecided

Thanks 4 ur help,
Pedro.
Reply #32 - Jul 24th, 2009, 12:04pm

Hello,

Properly exporting gsvideo sketches to app requires changes in the Processing core. I'm looking forward do implement these changes somehow, but it is hard to predict at this point how long this would take. One thing I'll look to implement for the short term is to load video files into a gsvideo app exported with the application.win -> library rename hack.

I'll later expand my current ideas in relation to gsvideo on the other thread you started in the forum ("Let's try to solve...")

Andres
Reply #33 - Jul 24th, 2009, 12:18pm

Actually, I just tested loading a file with an absolute URI, and it works (gsvideo 0.5.1), for instance:

movie = new GSMovie(this, "C:/Users/Andres/Desktop/station.mov");

Furthermore, I exported two video playback sketches (Loop and MovieFilter) as applications (applying the rename hack), and both run (using absolute URIs for the video files)!
Reply #34 - Jul 26th, 2009, 10:45am

I released a new version of gsvideo that should solve the problem with exported applications on windows. More details in my blog:

http://codeanticode.wordpress.com/2009/07/26/fresh-releases-of-gsvideo-and-glgraphics/
Reply #35 - Jul 27th, 2009, 1:14am

Hey Andres, again thanks for the effort! Will try the new libraries right now and keep you posted!

Cheers,
Pedro.
Reply #36 - Sep 27th, 2009, 10:26am

Not sure if this is the best thread to post on, but I'm having trouble getting GSVideo set up and I've got a sneaky suspicion it's something to do with Snow Leopard.

I've used the Leopard GStreamer installer, but no joy.. so I uninstalled and tried MacPorts - but that fails on some of the packages Sad

I'm at a loss. Has anyone successfully got GStreamer / GSVideo working on Snow Leopard ?
Reply #37 - Oct 8th, 2009, 2:34pm

I'm afraid that getting gsvideo to work on snow leopard again will require some extra work  Undecided

I'll announce when there is some progress in this front...
Reply #38 - Nov 4th, 2009, 3:09pm

Hey i just downloaded gsview 0.6, it doesn't work. I tried it with and without gstreamer in the PATH, and with and without GTK+Runtime.

This is what i get:
Code:
** (java.exe:1508): WARNING **: Failed to load plugin 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\GStreamer\0.10\lib\gstreamer-0.10/libgstpng.dll': Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.
Exception in thread "Animation Thread" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No such Gstreamer factory: ksvideosrc
at org.gstreamer.ElementFactory.makeRawElement(ElementFactory.java:174)
at org.gstreamer.ElementFactory.make(ElementFactory.java:166)
at codeanticode.gsvideo.GSCapture.init(GSCapture.java:307)
at codeanticode.gsvideo.GSCapture.initOS(GSCapture.java:271)
at codeanticode.gsvideo.GSCapture.<init>(GSCapture.java:53)
at BrightnessTracking.setup(BrightnessTracking.java:36)
at processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(PApplet.java:1402)
at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:1327)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

EDIT: I forgot, i'm using windows 7 32bit.
I got it to run last night but it still produces lots of errors and warnings... (link follows in my 5th post..)
This is after i went rampage on the gstreamer dlls and copied them forth and back between your distribution to the one i installed :/
Reply #39 - Nov 4th, 2009, 11:33pm

stupid limit...
Reply #40 - Nov 4th, 2009, 11:34pm

Naah....
Reply #41 - Nov 4th, 2009, 11:34pm

Here is the log: http://pastie.org/684469

EDIT: I also have a problem getting gsvideo to run under linux: this time it has nothing to do with the library i guess:
My webcam works as root without any problems. As non-root it works for some apps (mplayer) and for some not - processing only shows a gray screen...
Reply #42 - Nov 26th, 2009, 6:50am

what a pity!
I worked on xp os.

Exception in thread "Animation Thread" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No such Gstreamer factory: ksvideosrc
     at org.gstreamer.ElementFactory.makeRawElement(ElementFactory.java:174)
     at org.gstreamer.ElementFactory.make(ElementFactory.java:166)
     at codeanticode.gsvideo.GSCapture.init(GSCapture.java:307)
     at codeanticode.gsvideo.GSCapture.initOS(GSCapture.java:271)
     at codeanticode.gsvideo.GSCapture.<init>(GSCapture.java:46)
     at ps3.setup(ps3.java:24)
     at processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(PApplet.java:1402)
     at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:1327)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Reply #43 - Dec 4th, 2009, 2:10am

The whole thing is ultra odd!
AC you should really fix the .dll path problem, since a lot of people have problems with that.

I had a partly success solving it myself. Here is the situation:

System: WinXP SP2

1) Installed the latest Version of gsvideo resulted in Eclipse for nothing to work, so I tried the preexisting examples in processing.
2)The MovieFilter Example worked out of the Box for me. Processing copies it to "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\realtime\Eigene Dateien\Processing\MovieFilter" for my system. The original Folderstructure was kept. No gslibs in the Install Folder of Processing!
3)I wanted the Cam to work. Same situation. Sketch is installed in "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\realtime\Eigene Dateien\Processing\PainterCam", but it does not work. Differences? No??!
4) Copied the MovieFilter Project to another Sketch called CAMTEST. Since it worked, I thought it might work if I copy the code from PainterCam over to CAMTEST.
5)Guess WHAT! It worked. the PainterCam now worked.
6) the bad thing, I do not know why. Sad
7) Btw where are the -Djava.library.path kept????????????

Best,
Tobias
Reply #44 - Dec 10th, 2009, 2:08pm

hey guys,

I did some testing with the latest gsvideo package available (0.6-pre0) on windows professional XP SP3 and windows vista business SP2. In both cases 32 bits systems. I made sure that no stand-alone gstreamer was installed, and that no reference to gstreamer locations was left in the PATH environment variable. One tip here: if you have been using stand-alone versions of gstreamer, they usually create a hidden directory in the user's folder, for instance: C:/Users/ac/.gstreamer-0.10. This folder contains some config info and you can delete it to avoid conflicts with the built-in version of gstreamer that comes with gsvideo.

Under these specific circumstances, both gsvideo sketches and exported applications worked ok (I tested movie playback and capture), as long as the library paths didn't contain any language specific character. I mention this because one of the posts seems to indicate that some of you are using German version of windows. So I did the following test: I inserted the "ñ" character in the path of the sketchbook folder containing the libraries. Then I started getting errors of the sort: "UnsatisfiedLinkError: can't load library pixmap-1.0 blah blah"... So I guess this could explain at least some of the problems with the dll loading. I have to examine this bug in more depth, but I suspect it is an issue with the library loading routines either in gsvideo or gstreamer-java.

While I find a fix for this bug, I'd recommend that you install the gsvideo library in a path that doesn't contain any language specific characters.

Also, just in case it is useful for someone, I prepared this eclipse project of the camera capture example, which I was able to run without problems:

http://users.design.ucla.edu/~acolubri/processing/gsvideo/GettingStartedCaptureWin.zip

Note that you have to update the location of the Referenced Libraries, since they currently correspond to the configuration in my system.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5