We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
GSVideo - Couldn't load library (Read 26982 times)
Re: GSVideo - Couldn't load library
Reply #15 - Mar 10th, 2009, 9:17pm

Thanks!  Here's the new error:
canvasCrop= new GLGraphicsOffScreen(this, cropWidth, cropHeight);

GLException: Method'glGenFramebuffersEXT' not available

Exception in thread "Animation Thread" javax.media.opengl.GLException: Method "glGenFramebuffersEXT" not available
at com.sun.opengl.impl.GLImpl.glGenFramebuffersEXT(GLImpl.java:5704)
at codeanticode.glgraphics.GLState.<init>(GLState.java:50)
at codeanticode.glgraphics.GLGraphicsOffScreen.initFramebuffer(GLGraphicsOffScreen.
java:110)
at codeanticode.glgraphics.GLGraphicsOffScreen.allocate(GLGraphicsOffScreen.java:19
0)
at processing.core.PGraphics3D.setSize(PGraphics3D.java:316)
at codeanticode.glgraphics.GLGraphicsOffScreen.<init>(GLGraphicsOffScreen.java:56)
at sketch_081225a_Snow.setup(sketch_081225a_Snow.java:90)
at processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(PApplet.java:1400)
at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:1328)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Reply #16 - Mar 10th, 2009, 9:24pm

I see. This error is unrelated to GSVideo, it is a problem with GLGraphics... Seems that your video card doesn't support the required opengl extension to do off-screen rendering. What video card do you have on your computer?
Reply #17 - Mar 10th, 2009, 9:29pm

radeon 7500 ATI
If I need another card, do you have any recommendations?
thanks!!!
Reply #18 - Mar 10th, 2009, 9:51pm

nvidia cards starting with the geforce 6200 support these extensions. Recent ATI radeon's should work as well.
Reply #19 - Mar 11th, 2009, 2:34am

Hi:
I successfully tried the newest version of GSVideo+GLTexture right from eclipse and it works ok with the "station.mov" movie example but I can't get a decent frame rate when trying to play 640x480 30FPS+AUDIO movies.
The question is: which codec is the best one if you want better frameRates?
I'm testing everything I can rendering my movies and the best format seems to be .avi (wmv 7 codec using ffdshow) but I can't get fluid playing. Any thoughts?
Already tried:

WMV8
WMV9
CINEPAK
MJPGB
JPEG2000

thanks !
Reply #20 - Mar 11th, 2009, 7:10pm

I have tested the following formats and resolutions (without any openGL acceleration, just gsvideo and then drawing frames with the default Processing renderer):

DV/DVCPRO 640x480, 29.5fps with sound (in a mov container): plays at ~30fps with ~65% cpu utilization

XVID4 720x480, 29.5fps with sound (in an avi container): plays at ~30fps with ~40% cpu utilization

H264 1240x544, 23.98 fps with sound (in a mov container): plays at ~24fps with ~70% cpu utilization

XVID4 1240x544, 23.98 fps with sound (in an avi container): plays at ~24fps with ~63% cpu utilization

DV/LAVC 720x576, 25.00 fps with sound (in an avi container): plays at ~25fps with ~40% cpu utilization

Test system: Core 2 Duo T7500 @ 2.2Ghz, 2Gb RAM.
Operating system: Windows Vista Business 32 bits, Service Pack 1.
Reply #21 - Mar 25th, 2009, 5:14pm

Hi all, i have similars problems like

** (java.exe:378Cool: WARNING **: Failed to load plugin 'C:\Archivos de programa\gstreamer\lib\gstreamer-0.10/libgstdshowvideosink.dll

i have installed GStreamerOABuild-20080911.exe
and
gsvideo-20090309.zip ("ac" post the link)

Using only "gsvideo", Gscapture works with bad performance on 640x480, some delay, frame lost, slow frameRate from webcam, "here no errors or Warnings".

but working with Gsvideo ("ac" link) and GStreamerOABuild-20080911 (stand alone installer), now i have 30fps or more on Gscapture, almost 60FPS i can get from my webcam, is amazing but with warnings...

i solved the warnings, just removing the libs from gstreamer stand alone install path (libgstdshowvideosink.dll and libdshowsrcwrapper.dll) and all works fine on Gscapture, no warnings, no errors, great performance, Very happy.

"ac" link:
http://users.design.ucla.edu/~acolubri/test/gstreamer/gsvideo-20090309.zip
Reply #22 - Apr 3rd, 2009, 6:19am

Thanks ac...
Now it finally works all like expected...was like hell before to get the capture run...but MovieMaker never worked.

Now all is fine Thanks alot!
Keep up the work

Next step is to get the damn cam working reliable under linux...
Reply #23 - Apr 3rd, 2009, 3:58pm

There's just oe more question...

Exporting to an application doesnt work ( I dont get errors thats a problem)
But I guess it's because of library placement...
So what to do to make it work outside PDE?
Reply #24 - Apr 3rd, 2009, 5:25pm

Hello,

I just released version 0.5 of GSVideo, which might work better for some people (specially in terms of the GStreamer dependencies). In OSX it uses a new GStreamer installer that includes improved camera capture. For all the details and download links please check this page:

http://codeanticode.wordpress.com/2009/04/03/gsvideo-05-released/

With regards to exporting GSVideo applications... the answer is quite simple at this point: they won't work outside the IDE. This requires solving some issues with the way Processing loads external libraries, but this will be hopefully addressed in a not very distant future.
Reply #25 - Apr 5th, 2009, 2:23pm

Hello AC, I am going to prove the new library, hope to place the commentaries as soon as it can test.
Reply #26 - Apr 6th, 2009, 10:13am

Hello guys, hello ac again

I solved the problem with exporting a GSVideo using program to an application:

At the moment GSVideo looks for the needed libraries in a folled called "mac" or "win". This folder has to be under a folder called "library".
So to make it work just export from PDE as an application and rename the exported folder (ie. "application.win") to "library" and place the "win" (or "mac") folder from within the gsvideo plugin folder to it.
Pretty bad explained but I hope you get it.
Tested with the version posted here by ac.
Did not have the time to do it with new 0.5 but I looked into it and its the same I guess...

Note for ac:
would you rename your "library" folder to "lib" and search for that in LibraryPath.java?
This way one can just export and take the gstreamer library folder ("win" or "mac") in the regular lib folder of the exported app.
I would do it myself but I didnt get it to compile at first try and I dont have that much time atm.

Thanks in advance
Lincoln
Reply #27 - Apr 6th, 2009, 11:06am

You are right, that works (with 0.5)! At least for the capture examples (the ones that require loading movie files from the data folder don't).

About your suggestion of renaming the library folder to lib, I don't think is a good idea because the PDE looks for the jar files inside "library"... I don't know if changing LibraryPath.java would be enough.
Reply #28 - Apr 6th, 2009, 11:39am

Yeah I forgot to say that I only tried capture and MovieMaker...

And I meant to keep the jars in the "library" folder but making an extra "lib" folder for the native librarys.
The Only missing step would be to include an export.txt as stated here: http://dev.processing.org/libraries/basics.html

But there one has to list all files...and thats many in your case.

The best would be in my eyes to add the possibility to export subfolders or just remove the check for it in the file:

http://dev.processing.org/source/index.cgi/*checkout*/trunk/processing/app/src/processing/app/Sketch.java

Maybe one should suggest that...
Reply #29 - Apr 6th, 2009, 4:44pm

The library loading issue will be taken care in the next "major" release of the library. For the time being, is still useful to know the exported applications can work with the hack you suggested.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5