We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › integrate with DirectShow---dsj
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
integrate with DirectShow?---dsj (Read 1608 times)
integrate with DirectShow?---dsj
Jan 14th, 2009, 9:15am

is it possible to using dsj for capture video within the processing? here's the link http://www.humatic.de/htools/dsj.htm,

i tried,but no idea how to do it in processing,like those,the capture device is working however there's no video images in the rendering window

import de.humatic.dsj.*;
int CAPTURE_DEVICE = 0,IMAGE_HEIGHT,IMAGE_WIDTH;
DSCapture graph;

void setup(){
  size(800,600);

DSEnvironment.unlockDLL("xxxx", -232504, 1811073, 0);
  DSFilterInfo[][] dsi = DSCapture.queryDevices();
  graph = new DSCapture(0, dsi[CAPTURE_DEVICE][0], true, null, null);

graph.setPreview();

}

void draw(){

}

thanks in advanced!
Re: integrate with DirectShow?---dsj
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2009, 12:28pm

Interesting library, at least for Windows users...
I don't have capture device, so I can't try your code.
You don't tell us which system you use (I see warnings for Vista) nor which Processing version you have (I assume 1.0, right?).

Is setPreview() supposed to spawn a preview window? Otherwise I don't see how Processing would deal with the DSJ data.

Also I see in DSJ's DSCapture reference "setPreview(): Reset the graph into preview mode after a capture file had been set."
I don't see this capture file setting. I don't know if it is mandatory, though.
Reply #2 - Jan 16th, 2009, 6:08pm

thank you for the reply,i'm using xp and processing1.0,
you right, i think i'm doing the wrong way,i'll get more testing during this weekend and let you know if something happened
Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2009, 5:00am

guess what, just found this,nice one.

http://digitalmuseum.jp/software/nui/processing/#captureds
Reply #4 - Feb 12th, 2009, 12:38pm

Mmm, my Japanese is a bit rusty (TBH, it never reached the skill to read such page without help!). What does it says? I understand the "Processing library", but beyond that...

I see there is a link to a CaptureDS.zip

OK, so it is a good opportunity to use Google's linguistic tools. Translation is funny:
Quote:
Library Processing

On this page, Processing and for small public libraries.

CaptureDS

Processing of library Capture, QuickTime for Java using a standard Web camera to capture images. Mac OSX will work but it is relatively comfortable in QuickTime, Windows does not have access to capture device WinVDIG and stay, and as a result of the heavy work. It also can capture 640 × 480 screen size is limited.

CaptureDS is, Windows DirectShow environment using Web cameras to capture images of a single function library for Processing (class).

The operation of this library is humatic are available in DirectShow Java is required.

Using the class CaptureDS Basically, Processing and Capture standard compliant. Please see the document.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1