We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › function blah does not exist....but it does!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
function blah does not exist....but it does! (Read 1722 times)
function blah does not exist....but it does!
Dec 9th, 2008, 10:05pm

I just downloaded 1.0.1 and ran my project a few times and closed it. When I came back to it I get this error message.

The function soSetup() is in its own file. Seven files altogether. None seem to be there even though I can edit/save them.

I had this happen a long time ago and all it took was renaming the file and then all was well. Renamed it back to the original name and it still worked....not this time.

Any suggestions?
Arvin
Re: function blah does not exist....but it does!
Reply #1 - Dec 11th, 2008, 5:21pm

bump....guess this means no one else has ever had this problem? I don't like that at all.

I got the program to work.

Make a new folder called test and wrote a function
"void blah(int n){" with just a comment and NOW the program runs fine. Take it away and it stops workiong again.

Oh well.
Reply #2 - Jan 4th, 2009, 1:04am

Just an update.....found the problem. One too few } in draw().

I had remmed out a bunch of code and was cleaning it up and something didn't look right with the way the {} were lining up. Counted and I was missing one. No error message except for the next function did not exist.

I kind of see where that came from now too.

So if you have a "function does not exist" error, check your {}'s!
Reply #3 - May 5th, 2009, 9:43am

This helped me, thank you.
Reply #4 - Feb 3rd, 2010, 4:59pm

The same error message appears if you declare a function twice. This happened to me after doing a copy & paste instead of a cut & paste, and I scratched my head for a while before catching it.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1