We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Pages: 1 2 3 
who's in London? (Read 15542 times)
Re: who's in London?
Reply #15 - Dec 10th, 2008, 9:29pm

vj is interesting but i'm looking for a real meeting to drink and speak about processing in general. i won't rent a room but just sit somewhere with laptops, drink and if is possible wifi :]

i've been impressed by the flea pit, seems really confortble, there are also some couch, let me know, i will go back at home for the holiday on the 22th and i'd like to meet someone before.

Q
Reply #16 - Dec 12th, 2008, 12:14pm

I will be out of the uk until January.

Would possibly be up for a processing meet up in the new year though...
will keep an eye on this thread for any announcements.

Reply #17 - Dec 12th, 2008, 1:14pm

q wrote on Dec 10th, 2008, 9:29pm:
vj is interesting but i'm looking for a real meeting to drink and speak about processing in general. i won't rent a room but just sit somewhere with laptops, drink and if is possible wifi :]

i've been impressed by the flea pit, seems really confortble, there are also some couch, let me know, i will go back at home for the holiday on the 22th and i'd like to meet someone before.

Q

best thing to do is just pick a time, date and a venue, tell everyone about it and people will show up.
Reply #18 - Dec 13th, 2008, 7:07pm

I'm in London and would be interested in meeting other Processors in a week or so... would that work for anyone?
Reply #19 - Dec 18th, 2008, 2:35pm

i'm leaving on monday, we could plan a metting for the second week of january.

Reply #20 - Jan 7th, 2009, 11:28am

I'll be at this next Monday (12th January). Anybody fancy joining me?

Reply #21 - Jan 11th, 2009, 4:35pm

Well if anyone turns up, I'm the beardy balding guy in a black leather jacket and with a blue nike rucksack.
Reply #22 - Jan 18th, 2009, 3:11pm

If there are any new plans made to meet up I am game. Moved in to London a couple of months ago, to study film and interactive arts, and processing and arduino (although I have a lot to learn yet) have really taken a hold of me.
Reply #23 - Jan 22nd, 2009, 12:52am

incase you are interested - there is a new electrovision on monday the 26th of january.

although not a processing meeting, there will be many like minded people there. for example, one of the performers (nebulus) will use his own software to generate live visuals.

more info here:
http://www.morishuz.com/electrovision/ev4/ev4.html
Reply #24 - Feb 12th, 2009, 6:12pm

Immersion again tonight. which is probably much too short notice for anyone...

http://www.immersion.100freemb.com/immersionclub/event.html

last time i said i was attending i got stuck at work until 11pm so i'm not going to jinx it this time.
Reply #25 - Feb 12th, 2009, 6:15pm

i will be there too tonight
Reply #26 - Feb 13th, 2009, 11:36am

well, i made it, at least some of it. took a cramped 1:45 to get there from chiswick and it was snowing when i got off the bus. snowing.

caught the middle three acts, the 3 before the interval. i am not good with names, except suero who i've seen 3 times now (he was standing in as a favour last night) and who was great. new set, grinding dubstep in places. and dazzling accompanying visuals by, er, PRICKIMAGE

(am not sure carlos realised when he stood there at the end that prickimage's rotating "PRICK" logo was being projected above him...)

anyway, left during the interval, and was home in half the time, which is always good.

i was the one in the evs vcs3 t-shirt. only i had a jumper on so you probably couldn't tell 8)
Reply #27 - Mar 4th, 2009, 1:16pm

there is another one on monday the 9th at cafe 1001 - this one is especially relevant as we will have stuart showing his multi-touch surface vj software  (called VPlay)

more info here:
http://www.morishuz.com/electrovision/ev5/ev5.html
Reply #28 - Apr 2nd, 2009, 6:03am

we have another  VJ meeting coming up in London. this is an informal meeting for showing work, chatting, drinking beer and projecting visuals or whatever takes your fancy.

if you want to come along- we are meeting on the 9th of april at 7:30pm at cafe 1001 in the back room (1 dray walk, london , e1)

also check out vjlondon.org for more info
Reply #29 - Apr 23rd, 2009, 3:33pm

Anyone going to this thing in Dalston on Saturday?

http://www.pawfal.org/openlab/

I aim to turn up as some of the topics interest me.
Pages: 1 2 3