We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Pages: 1 2 3 
who's in London? (Read 15541 times)
who's in London?
Nov 24th, 2008, 3:19pm

Hi,

I'm working in the city as web developer, however i really enjoy with processing, actually i'm working on my first exhibition base on processing and arduino, as soon as possible i will publish some stuff(like code concept etc).

btw the post purpose it's about meet other people to share something, projects, ideas, thoughts ...

We could plan a weekly(even every 2 weeks, depends on people availability) event to drink a couple of beers and speak about processing and our propjects.

sounds good? someone is interested?

Q
Re: who's in London?
Reply #1 - Nov 26th, 2008, 3:21pm

I'm not based in London any more, but I'd be interested in meeting up with other Processing users when I visit...
Reply #2 - Nov 26th, 2008, 5:18pm

hmm strange coincidence.

just checked back to the processing site after a not touching it for a little while and was wondering the exact same thing.

i too am a web dev and in london and was wondering the same thing.

what did you have in mind for projects?
Reply #3 - Nov 26th, 2008, 6:03pm

can i mention Immersion?

http://www.immersionclub.tk/

it's the first thursday of even numbered months (next one 4th december) up in E2, about 5 minutes on the bus from liverpool street.

it's laptop electronica (pretty varied, dark ambient stuff, glitchy stuff, the odd acid squelch), usually 5 or 6 acts per night, with accompanying visuals some of which are obviously Processing based.

there is some time to talk beforehand, between performances (only about 5 minutes though) and during the 30 minute interval. much less frequent than you were suggesting but...

the fleapit is nicer than the name suggests 8) i do wish people wouldn't put their pints on the floor though.
Reply #4 - Nov 26th, 2008, 6:13pm

the top video here was shot at the august immersion and features the Jello Tail thing by PixelPusher which is Processing and OpenGL

https://miroguide.com/channels/6682
Reply #5 - Nov 26th, 2008, 10:51pm

sounds pretty good, is exactly what i'm looking for.

Anyway if someone else wants to drink a beer somewhere let me know we can plan a small meeting.
Reply #6 - Nov 30th, 2008, 7:45pm

I'm in London. And I've met people off of the internet before.
Reply #7 - Dec 3rd, 2008, 9:23pm

ello

I'm up for hooking up to talk about processing related stuff over a pint. I am fairly new to processing and more of a flash user myself, however I'm really getting the processing bug and looking into exploring more creative approaches to coding. It would be interesting to meet up with like minded people.

Reply #8 - Dec 4th, 2008, 2:20pm

well, immersion is tonight and as of 13:00 i plan on attending (but i might change my mind in the next 6 hours, will see how i feel).

am wearing a t-shirt with a spanner on it. will probably be sat at the back, reading between acts.

http://www.immersion.100freemb.com/immersionclub/event.html

(i see suero is playing again, so bring earplugs if you have them. was great last time, but too loud for the room)
Reply #9 - Dec 4th, 2008, 4:29pm

I may be there as well. If I am, I will be the one with a shaved head, yet sporting a uniform layer of stubble round my chin and scalp. And I have a black leather jacket and a blue rucksack.
Reply #10 - Dec 4th, 2008, 7:03pm

i am not going to make this due to deadlines at work. second one running 8(

probably another hour's worth of stuff to do but am in W6 and it's in E2 and it'll take me a further hour to get there.

have fun. and report back.
Reply #11 - Dec 8th, 2008, 9:05pm

it was really nice, i saw some really nice projections and heard good music, maybe is not the best event to speak each other however it is cool, also the flea pit is really nice and comfortable, if someone is interested we could plan a meeting there, better oriented on ideas and projects sharing.

let me know.

Q
Reply #12 - Dec 9th, 2008, 10:18pm

I am certainly interested in the prospect of a processing meet up.

Finding a venue that has a specific space (ie back room etc) that could be hired (possibly for a minimal fee although I know a few pubs that let you have a space for free) would be good. I have attended similar nights discussing PHP where everybody just chips in a couple of quid at the door to cover costs. I also found these meet ups work well when there is a bit of an pre arranged agenda  to the evening... maybe somebody just talking about a project they are working on or some work they have seen. Anything that is related really. Maybe this helps to break the ice and kick off some discussion.  It would also help motivate someone like myself to focus on building something complete:). Any way, this is just my 2 pence worth...  

What do you reckon?
Reply #13 - Dec 10th, 2008, 3:57am

hey guys, given the interest in immersion, i might be able to help: i run a vj meeting in london and the next one is planned for thursday the 18th of december at cafe 1001 (8pm-12 in the backroom). many of the immersion vj's will be there. come along if you want.

although the primary focus of this meeting is projecting (and talking about) live visuals, a good number of us are interested writing software to generate visuals and make interactive installations. this is a growing aspect of the meeting and i would love to talk to more creative developers.

for more information have a look at vjlondon.org (like date changes & cancellations!). also if you send me your email i can put you on the mailing list for meeting announcements.

mo
Reply #14 - Dec 10th, 2008, 5:45pm

drmo wrote on Dec 10th, 2008, 3:57am:
hey guys, given the interest in immersion, i might be able to help: i run a vj meeting in london and the next one is planned for thursday the 18th of december at cafe 1001 (8pm-12 in the backroom). many of the immersion vj's will be there. come along if you want.

link to announcement:
http://vjlondon.org/viewtopic.php?p=957#957
Pages: 1 2 3