We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › Geomerative on OS X? [SOLVED]
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Geomerative on OS X?? [SOLVED] (Read 581 times)
Geomerative on OS X?? [SOLVED]
Nov 21st, 2008, 12:01am

Firstly, I'm relatively new to processing - although I looked at it a few years ago, I am now trying to use it (at last!).

Anyway, I'd like to do some font outline experiments and think that Geomerative might be what I'm looking for (I have a vague plan, but I'd like to see what's possible first).

BUT. I'm on OS X (Tiger) and can't get any of the example code to work (under processing 0156) - it looks like the library is recognised, but I am getting null exceptions when trying to run the examples, or a "Cannot find a suitable cmap table" error when attempting the simplest test examples!

Should I look somewhere else, or is there a fix I am missing?

Thanks Smiley
Re: Geomerative on OS X??
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2008, 12:05am

Oh! I just realised that there is a different download page! The one I had been using was old (R9?) - just found the R15 version. I'll probably have better luck with that....

http://www.ricardmarxer.com/geomerative/

Reply #2 - Nov 21st, 2008, 12:24am

Nope. Can't even get that to be recognised by Processing 0157. Sad I'm very confused about where the libraries should actually go - the geomerative zip has a libraries folder in it (i.e geomerative/libraries/*.jar) Am I supposed to simply unpack the zip file to my sketchbooks/libraries path? (i.e. <sketchbook>/libraries/geomerative/libraries/*.jar) or somehing else? (that quoted example didn't work BTW)

It's probably too late to be doing this - should get some sleep... I'll check in tomorrow Wink
Reply #3 - Nov 21st, 2008, 1:39am

Hello,
i'm also stucked with the Library. (the dual downloadpages are confusing). After Downloading the rev 15 version i had an error with the OpenGL renderer and Processing 0154 when using the geomerative.jar file (but it worked in vers. 0135).I'm working with Eclipse, so i switched to the src-files that come with the zip-file. Now the errors gone. (I exportet my own jar from the sources and these worked also for me ).
Reply #4 - Nov 21st, 2008, 8:34pm

Well, I just got home from work, removed my existing processing install, and re-installed 0157; then extracted the Geomerative library to <sketchbook>/libraries/, and it just worked! I have no idea what was going wrong last night...

So, the path tp my geomerative library is:

<sketchbook>/libraries/geomerative/library/geomerative.jar

Hey ho - off to work with it now Smiley
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1