We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › minim mp3 glitches (audioplayer)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
minim mp3 glitches (audioplayer) (Read 1110 times)
minim mp3 glitches (audioplayer)
Nov 19th, 2008, 3:47pm

I'm using an AudioPlayer in minim to play some mp3s, but every now and then I get a glitch or a skip - I think it's because AudioPlayer streams the data, right?

I tried switching to using AudioSample instead, but that totally messed up the speed at which the mp3 was playing.

Any ideas what I should do? I'm open for using another lib if anyone has a reccomendation, but I need to play at least 2 mp3s at the same time with no skipping or jumping.

Thanks!
Re: minim mp3 glitches (audioplayer)
Reply #1 - Nov 25th, 2008, 4:49am

If all you are doing is playing the mp3, try using a large buffer size, like 4096, when you load the file. The skipping is probably buffer underrun.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1