We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › Some problems with minim (buzzing, Quicktime)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Some problems with minim (buzzing, Quicktime) (Read 463 times)
Some problems with minim (buzzing, Quicktime)
Nov 17th, 2008, 3:05pm

Hi,

I'm using the minim library to play some audio files. I get this error message when the program first launches:

2008-11-17 14:00:33.277 java[988:19203] Error loading /Library/QuickTime/LiveType.component/Contents/MacOS/LiveType:  dlopen(/Library/QuickTime/LiveType.component/Contents/MacOS/LiveType, 262): Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/LiveType.framework/Versions/A/LiveType
 Referenced from: /Library/QuickTime/LiveType.component/Contents/MacOS/LiveType
 Reason: image not found

Then the application works fine except for a very noticable buzzing in the right speaker (intensity seems to be linked to the volume of the audio which should be playing).

OSX 10.5 with latest processing + minim
Re: Some problems with minim (buzzing, Quicktime)
Reply #1 - Nov 17th, 2008, 3:10pm

That's a partly broken QuickTime or Final Cut Pro or Pro Application Support installation:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%2FLibrary%2FQuickTime%2FLiveType.component%2FContents%2FMacOS%2FLiveType+&btnG=Search
Reply #2 - Nov 17th, 2008, 3:29pm

Cheers, I'd done a quick google search myself and come up with similar stuff. I'm not sure how to go about fixing the problem, though. I managed to get a Pro Application Support package from Apple, but when I tried to install it, it said my HD was not eligible for this update (or words to that effect). I assume this is because I already have it.

I dont have Final Cut Pro, so I assume it must be a broken QuickTime install, right?

Cheers for the help - but will this stop the buzzing problem im getting?
Reply #3 - Nov 17th, 2008, 3:46pm

More updates...

I deleted the Library/QuickTime/LiveType.component which has taken away the error message, which is nice. Apparently something has installed the LiveType component when I don't actually have LiveType installed, which is why it was complaining.

But still, the buzzing remains. It sounds like what happens when you loop a very small section of audio very fast... its weird.

Any ideas?
Reply #4 - Nov 17th, 2008, 3:53pm

Fixed the buzzing, it was to do with the sample rate set on my output in my Audio-Midi setup. I changed it to 44100 (the lowest) and it works.

Problems = fixed (for me at least), but hopefully this can help somebody else out.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1