We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › dont have any folders
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
dont have any folders (Read 208 times)
dont have any folders
Nov 13th, 2008, 4:24pm

downloaded processing 0156 mac, but doesnt come with folder's, just the program. how do i put things into processings library or sketch folder. Should i create these folders or are they missing/somewhere i cant find?

thanx
Re: dont have any folders
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2008, 6:08pm

"just the program"? From the download page, it looks like a .dmg file which is, AFAIK, an install application you must run.
If it is like the Windows version, it should create a directory with the binary, and folders (examples, lib, libraries, reference, tools, perhaps java too).

Now, the sketch folder, and the libraries folder in it, must be created manually at any location that suits you. Once you run Processing, you can go to File > Preferences and change the Sketchbook location there to point to your newly created folder.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1