We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Login Error (Read 1850 times)
Login Error
Oct 30th, 2008, 12:25pm

I keep logging into the forum, typing a long post, pressing the POST button and then gettign a message saying I need to log in to post messages !! This is very irritating as you cannot simply press the back button to redo the post and have too srat all over again. I have resorted to copy and pasting my text now before I press the POST button. Anyone else having this problem?
Re: Login Error
Reply #1 - Oct 30th, 2008, 1:13pm

can you give a little more information? what system are you on and what browser do you use? cookies enabled?

thanks
F
Reply #2 - Oct 31st, 2008, 10:31am

It is IE 6 with cookies enabled.
Reply #3 - Nov 4th, 2008, 10:33am

test on IE6
Reply #4 - Nov 4th, 2008, 10:33am

hm, works for me. are you using proxies or a firewall?
Reply #5 - Nov 7th, 2008, 3:21pm

There is a firewall (belongs to work so I can't control it).
Reply #6 - Nov 7th, 2008, 5:13pm

okay. can you log in from elsewhere?

as long as i can't reproduce the error it's hard to diagnose and fix.

F
Reply #7 - Nov 10th, 2008, 11:38am

I can log in fine from any location but it seems to kick me out after a short while.
Reply #8 - Nov 10th, 2008, 12:33pm

kick you out at a specific page or after a specific time?

what type of connection do you have? could it be that your connection drops and once you submit you get a new connection, hence a new ip? ... since the login is tied to your ip that might cause the problem.

can you test to reload a page once a minute and see if you can stay in longer? ... i know it sucks, sorry.

F
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1