We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsWebsite,  Documentation,  Book Bugs › bezierPoint() reference page
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
bezierPoint() reference page (Read 1122 times)
bezierPoint() reference page
Aug 27th, 2008, 6:10pm

Main issue:

c int or float: coordinate of first control point
should be:
c int or float: coordinate of second control point

Suggestion:

Quote:
Description  Evaluates the Bezier curve (defined by points a, b, c, d) at point t. The parameter t varies between 0 and 1, 0 being at first anchor point a (start point), 1 being at second anchor point d (end point), and b and c are the control points. This can be done once with the x coordinates and a second time with the y coordinates to get the location of a Bezier curve at t.

Might be too verbose or confusing, feel free to alter as you wish (or just drop the suggestion!).
Note: Evalutes -> Evaluates
Re: bezierPoint() reference page
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2008, 6:55am

I made the two corrections, but kept the description as it was. It's not extremely clear, but I don't think the knew one helped. I would like to have a better description, though. I think the example is the most important part of this reference entry.

Thank you for the corrections!
And color reference page
Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2008, 7:58am

Good. I suggested a correction because I had to read twice to get the idea, but as you point out, the example helps (although when looking at a bunch of numbers, some identical, it it hard to correlate them).

On an unrelated page (perhaps I should do another topic), I searched the color (type) link on the reference page (Extended and Abridged) and couldn't find one. Perhaps it is on purpose: I found a link to color data type in the color() page, but it looks, hum, incomplete. Smiley
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1