We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsWebsite,  Documentation,  Book Bugs › Reference Doc for Curve()
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Reference Doc for Curve() (Read 988 times)
Reference Doc for Curve()
Aug 9th, 2008, 8:20pm

Hi, I'd like to suggest that the reference doc for CURVE() be clarified. Currently the documentation refers to the first and last parameter pair as being anchor points. My understanding is that the anchor points are the actual endpoints of the drawn curve. The two control points, the 2nd and 3rd pair of parameters, are referred to as simply points with the text implying that these are control points. However when the curve() is actually executed (version 0135 beta), the anchor points appear to be the control points and the points appear to be the anchor points as these points are where the drawn curve actually begins and ends.
Re: Reference Doc for Curve()
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2008, 8:33am

Thank you for reporting this. That's been wrong for years, yikes...

I think the error was left over from copying and pasting the bezier() reference to start the curve() reference. It's fixed now.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1