We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware,  Documentation,  Website Suggestions › How do I do google searches for Processing
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
How do I do google searches for Processing? (Read 1975 times)
How do I do google searches for Processing?
Jul 30th, 2008, 1:40am

Sounds like a dumb question right?

Every time I want to look for code examples that use the "Processing" language, I can never narrow down my google search properly since so many pieces of code already contain the word "processing" with regards to something else in a similar context.

Why did they not give the language a unique name or at least something not directly related to computers?

It's like naming a band  "Record" and then trying to do searches for them.  Tongue

The same goes for the language "Wiring". Fortunately I can just search Arduino resources (a group that was wise enough to come up with a unique name)

Maybe I am missing an obvious solution to this problem. If so, please enlighten me! It will help me out a lot Smiley

Re: How do I do google searches for Processing?
Reply #1 - Jul 30th, 2008, 9:50am

Try "processing.org" cause this is often used for tagging blogposts, images or videos.
Reply #2 - Jul 30th, 2008, 10:54am

"built with processing" is good at finding sketches online.
Reply #3 - Jul 30th, 2008, 11:48am

Yes, although the name is great and reflects accurately what it does, taking a common name in the computer field is a poor choice for a programming language... Tongue

Beside the above suggestions, you might also want to search for P5 or Proce55ing, old way of naming our favorite visualization system, probably for the above reasons...
Reply #4 - Aug 13th, 2008, 9:21pm

PhiLho  wrote on Jul 30th, 2008, 11:48am:
Yes, although the name is great and reflects accurately what it does, taking a common name in the computer field is a poor choice for a programming language... Tongue

At least it isn't as bad as trying to search for ".NET"... Wink
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1