We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionEvents,  Publications,  Opportunities › Programming Internship - The Colbert Report
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Programming Internship - The Colbert Report (Read 1381 times)
Programming Internship - The Colbert Report
Jul 22nd, 2008, 9:00pm

The Colbert Report is looking for a programming intern, to start work in its New York office at the end of August.  Applicants must be full-time students who can receive credit for their work (this is an unpaid internship), and based in the New York area.

You will be working closely with the writing and production staffs of the Colbert Report, and your work will be seen by colbertnation.com's daily audience of 30,000 unique visitors.  Perhaps more interestingly, you will be helping us explore new ways to challenge and expand that audience.

Applicants should have a strong interest in entertainment, web development, and game design.  We're looking for someone who relishes the challenge of prototyping software for a show that generates twenty-two minutes of content, four times a week - you will propose, design, and collaborate on small-scale projects that complement and support this content. The work will come at a rapid pace, but it will be work tailored to the strengths of your skill set.  We want you to flex the muscles you're developing in school, and hone your creative identity in the process.

Candidates with backgrounds in PHP, Processing, and Python are especially welcome, but all applicants should be comfortable working in a LAMP environment.  If you're interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to progintern@thecolbertreport.org by Thursday, July 31st - portfolios are also welcome, and encouraged.  We look forward to hearing from you.
Re: Programming Internship - The Colbert Report
Reply #1 - Sep 1st, 2008, 10:52am

Wow! I will tell some of my contacts about this.

I LOVE that show. It's a bit strange to see that they need programmers. What a great opportunity, thanks!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1