We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionEvents,  Publications,  Opportunities › upcoming visit Dublin | Edinburgh
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
upcoming visit Dublin | Edinburgh (Read 1073 times)
upcoming visit Dublin | Edinburgh
Jul 8th, 2008, 9:35pm

This is a bit last minute.

I'll be in Dublin July 20-Aug 16 (Edinburgh Aug 7-10). I'd be happy to meet with some fellow processors. Also, I'll be doing a short Processing workshop at Trinity college (possibly something at NCAD and ECA as well). If any of this stuff seems mildly interesting, please feel free to contact me: ira [at] iragreenberg.com
Re:  upcoming visit Dublin | Edinburgh
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2008, 4:20pm

Hello Ira,

Can you give me details of the times of your workshops.
Im only beginning with Processing, with much more experience in Jitter.

However, I lecture in University Limerick, and am planning on bringing in a module on Processing, so Im sure your workshop would be of great benefit to me.

Leon
Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2008, 4:09am

Leon,
You're more than welcome to attend. Could you drop me a note at ira[at]iragreenberg.com, and I'll forward the info.

Ira
Reply #3 - Aug 16th, 2008, 8:40am

- just wanted to follow up and say that I'm sorry if I missed meeting/talking with any of you who showed up at either talk.

Both visits were really enjoyable, and it was really great to see all the interest in Processing.

also, if any of you are in striking distance of U of Edinburgh, I recommend checking out new Informatics building.
(the Trinity Dublin campus is also stunning).
Reply #4 - Sep 7th, 2008, 12:27pm

Damn - I can't believe I missed this. I didn't hear anything about it through my usual channels! Oh well!

Hope it all went well, good to hear some processing stuff being done in Dublin.
Reply #5 - Sep 7th, 2008, 2:07pm

I missed it too! In fairness, I was in Boston at the Scratch conference during some of this time. Perhaps we should start an Irish Processing User/Educator thread, unless, of course, it's been done before?
Reply #6 - Sep 7th, 2008, 2:36pm

I didn't know there was any people messing around with processing in Dublin. Normally I'd be well up for meeting people, but just moved to Copenhagen to study (some processing stuff!) for a year.

If anyone sets up a mailing list though, that'd be great as I'd be interested in keeping an eye on stuff.
Reply #7 - Sep 7th, 2008, 6:10pm

Keven and Stephen,
Sorry we weren't able to connect. My talk was organized through the Interactive Digital Media MSc program at Trinity (https://www.cs.tcd.ie/courses/mscmm/application.php). There are a group of students and faculty there working actively with Processing.

On the other hand, I primarily worked out of the digital Hub (old Media Lab territory) and didn't see much going on.

ira
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1