We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentCore,  Processing Development Environment (PDE) › Major changes inside SVN until release 0140
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Major changes inside SVN until release 0140 (Read 1549 times)
Major changes inside SVN until release 0140
Jun 5th, 2008, 6:17pm

As happens from time-to-time when I'm working on major changes, the code for Processing will probably not be buildable from SVN (the build scripts could even delete things in your install) until revision 0140 is released (or I post otherwise).

As noted in the build instructions, please just svn checkout a specific tag (i.e. processing-0139) if you want working code, until the dust has settled. The major changes revolve around making it easier to build Processing, and removing lots of dependencies (goodbye Jikes on all platforms; and the registry DLL on Windows.. that sort of thing).

As I finished that last paragraph, I thought I'd add a third starting with "as".
Re: Major changes inside SVN until release 0140
Reply #1 - Jun 16th, 2008, 2:53pm

Now that 0140, 0141, and 0142 are out, things have settled down a bit in SVN. But as always, use a specific tag if you need something stable. No bets, no guarantees, no support, no shirt, no shoes, no service for the latest in SVN.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1