We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › servlet integration
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
servlet integration? (Read 627 times)
servlet integration?
Jun 3rd, 2008, 8:43am

Sorry if I'm not picking up on this correctly...

I have an existing servlet web app.  MySQL backend, java for the controller, and a string template library for the view.  The application is a data dashboard, containing various types of data sets.

I'm currently exploring processing as a solution to build a more robust graphing and visualization library to enhance the dashboard.

I'm not clear on the appropriate way to integrate Processing into a server-side application?  Is it purely applet based?  I have no experience in enabling communication between a client-side applet and a dynamic data application which is controlled server-side?  

Am I correct in my understanding, and if so, are there any tutorials or documents which explain this paradigm in further detail?

Thanks,

M
Re: servlet integration?
Reply #1 - Jun 3rd, 2008, 10:44am

Should I need to do that, I would look in the Libraries page. The Network one, standard, is promising... I haven't tried it yet, but it might allow Ajax-style coding. You can also just use the XML Import library which can get XML data across the Net.
Otherwise, you can look at the rich Data / Protocols section.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1