We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionGeneral Discussion,  Status › Snippets/Tutorials Board/System
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Snippets/Tutorials Board/System (Read 1155 times)
Snippets/Tutorials Board/System
May 22nd, 2008, 10:54am

Occasionally while coding I'll make something such as a function for returning all the files in a directory, or tiled textures, or creating a cylinder object that I think would be useful to beginners, or for intermediate coders that don't want to have to re-invent the wheel if they don't have to.

I was thinking it'd be a good idea if there was somewhere or some method of adding or uploading snippets of code, which are useful, but not worthy of being a full demo.

I know theres the hacks section, but that only really seems to covers advanced subjects.

Is this a good idea? Has it been discussed and discarded previously?

Just wondering...

Martin
Re: Snippets/Tutorials Board/System
Reply #1 - May 22nd, 2008, 11:11am

I see no reason why the hacks section can't be used for more intermediate/simple things as well as deep-voodoo kinds of things.
Reply #2 - May 22nd, 2008, 1:05pm

hi,
there has been a discussion  about such implementations and the hacks section has been integrated into the processing site as a place for such contributions. so i guess feel free to add your contributions to the hacks section.
best,
andi
Reply #3 - May 22nd, 2008, 1:12pm

in that case, thats what I'll do... but not right now, I'm at work.
Reply #4 - May 22nd, 2008, 1:17pm

check out snippets:
http://snippet.seltar.org/

F
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1