We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
§ Symbol (Read 456 times)
§ Symbol
May 21st, 2008, 5:11pm

Hi,

I've noticed a $ symbol that appears on the tabs of Processing. What does it represent? Is it an unsaved file or a file with an error or something?

Thanks...
Re: § Symbol
Reply #1 - May 21st, 2008, 7:04pm

It marks an file/tab with unsaved changes.
Reply #2 - May 22nd, 2008, 10:44am

Thanks Smiley
I guessed so, but there were some tabs where even after pressing Ctrl+S, the symbol didn't go away...then I thought it might be for errors in the code.
Reply #3 - May 23rd, 2008, 11:45am

seems like it's a bug....even after saving the content in a tab, when I click on the tab again it shows the symbol again...
Reply #4 - May 23rd, 2008, 3:09pm

Ah, you are right. I have a project with two tabs. I comment out one line in the first tab. § appears. I save, the symbol disappears. I switch to the other tab, then I switch back to the first one. The symbol re-appears, if I hit Ctrl+Z (undo) twice, the comment slashes disappear and the symbol too...

[UPDATE] I didn't see this bug in the Bug List (keyword: tab).
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1