We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › Export Processing from Eclipse (EclipseP5Exporter)
Pages: 1 2 
Export Processing from Eclipse (EclipseP5Exporter) (Read 8689 times)
Export Processing from Eclipse (EclipseP5Exporter)
May 7th, 2008, 10:27pm

For folks using Processing in Eclipse but missing the nice export options...

http://www.rednoise.org/EclipseP5Exporter

Mimics Processing export functions (applets, applications, opengl, html, etc.) directly from the Eclipse UI.

Feedback always appreciated
-dch

Re: Export Processing from Eclipse (EclipseP5Expor
Reply #1 - May 8th, 2008, 11:37pm

Very cool!

Just downloaded it, and will give it a try. I'm learning how to make the best use of Eclipse... I can browse code fairly well but setting up projects and such still puzzles me. Hopefully this will provide a nice bridge between the two.
Reply #2 - May 11th, 2008, 6:32pm

Thanks. This is great. Works like a charm.
Reply #3 - Jun 5th, 2008, 11:19am

I installed the EclP5Exporter properly but
when I click on "Finish" (selected the correct Projekt) nothing happens Sad

Is there anything else to do before?

Reply #4 - Jun 5th, 2008, 4:01pm

perhaps you didn't select a run-configuration (on the right side)?
Reply #5 - Jun 20th, 2008, 8:41am

Hi Daniel!

First, thanks so much for this exporter, it is exactly what I'm looking for. Second, the mail.html page on your website seems broken. Third, I'm getting an odd error when I run the exporter, any ideas? No reason is given in the error pop-up and the console window shows this afterwards:

null
Exception: null :: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at dch.eclipse.p5Export.P5ExportWizard$1.run(P5ExportWizard.java:56)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.jav
a:113)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:411)

at dch.eclipse.p5Export.P5ExportBuilder.initPreferences(P5ExportBuilder.java:124)

at dch.eclipse.p5Export.P5ExportBuilder.<init>(P5ExportBuilder.java:55)

at dch.eclipse.p5Export.P5ExportWizard.doFinish(P5ExportWizard.java:83)

at dch.eclipse.p5Export.P5ExportWizard$1.run(P5ExportWizard.java:52)

... 1 more
Reply #6 - Jun 20th, 2008, 6:57pm

very cool! just had a chance to take a quick look today. thanks for developing this.
Reply #7 - Sep 18th, 2008, 2:00pm

Mostly I'm posting to say THANK YOU.

This is awesome (and so much better than using FatJars all the time).

I'm also posting to suggest (ask) that you might look for and add the 'data' directory to the jar files. I think this would make it truly complete (and allow a processing-style inclusion of resources (that's not manual)).

Thanks again!

-Aaron
Reply #8 - Oct 27th, 2008, 12:54am

you're welcome -- glad its helpful  :]

the data folder should be treated exactly as in the processing environment and added to myExportedSketch.jar, which is (at least in my tests) what happens... let me know if this isn't working for you & I'll look into it further...

cheers,
-dch
Reply #9 - Oct 28th, 2008, 7:36am

Hi dch,

Thanks so much for your hard work. This seems tremendously promising. I am having very irregular success with the exporter. It works if I have recently looked at my build path in eclipse, but otherwise hangs the application when I press "finish". When applications export, they are crashing upon launch. I tested a simple application with and without openGL, and I'm running a 2-year-old macbook pro Mac OS 10.4.11 with an ATI Radeon 1600 and core and opengl libs from processing 154.

This is the same sort of instant-crash behavior I have been getting when trying to use eclipse's built-in JAR exporter. I think it has to do with the libraries not being properly bundled with the package.

Any suggestions as to what could be going wrong? Again, thanks for your hard work. I will try to jiggle more levers in the morning to see if I can offer any more feedback or solve my issues.
Reply #10 - Oct 28th, 2008, 10:05pm

hi wicks,
can't help much w'out more info -- perhaps you can take a screenshot of your project setup in eclipse? either that or just zip up the whole project, if its not large, & email it (dh254 AT nyu DOT edu)
thnx,
-dch
Reply #11 - Nov 1st, 2008, 12:14am

hi.
first of all thanks for this Smiley

but i'm having some problems with applets or applications that use opengl. they export with no problems, but when i try to run them i get a window of the correct size but no content, just gray.
i already posted about this in the thread about running opengl from eclipse, but thought i'd post here as well since it doesn't work with this exporter as well and maybe you'd have a clue at what is happening.´

thanks

rui
Re: Export Processing from Eclipse (EclipseP5Exporter)
Reply #12 - Mar 30th, 2009, 2:10am

Hi all,

Using eclipsep5exporter, Eclipse 3.4.0 on Mac osx (tiger), It's litteraly crashing when using the export function.

Don't know how to solve this issue, any ideas ?

Thanks by advance,

Martial
Reply #13 - Jul 9th, 2009, 9:04am

Greetings,
I've recently updated the exporter for Processing v1.05. If anyone is still having issues with hangs, or 'gray' applets, please let me know. Better still, send (or link to) a full project zip that demonstrates the problem, so that I might be able to recreate it...
thanks,
-dch
(dh254 AT nyu DOT edu)

Reply #14 - Aug 3rd, 2009, 10:27am

Having a problem exporting an OpenGL app that doesn't seem to be mentioned in the other opengl/eclipsep5exporter threads.

I'm using the configuration shown on the 'screenshots' page for an OpenGL application.

The windows application the exporter spits out has no .dll's alongside it, and no .jars besides my extension of PApplet inside the 'lib' directory.

Manually including the missing files doesn't seem to do any good either.
Pages: 1 2