We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › Ubuntu Installation Guide
Pages: 1 2 3 
Ubuntu Installation Guide (Read 26371 times)
Re: Ubuntu Installation Guide
Reply #30 - Apr 26th, 2010, 2:28am

To create desktop launcher:-

If you want to Create desktop launcher right click on the desktop and choose Create Launcher.

Under Name, type processing.

Under Command, type 'path to processing script "processing"'

Enter Comment

Finally Click OK.
Cheesy
You can use this to create any type of launcher, I prefer to add processing to launcher menu.  I believe instructions are available under Ubuntu help.
Reply #31 - Apr 27th, 2010, 8:12am

Hello Martin,

I did as you advised and got this error:

Code:
There was an error creating a child process for this Terminal. 

Just brainstorming, but I think this might be the result of leaving the newly created icon on the desktop and not in the directory where the script is located.  Anyway, I really appreciate your help, I just got started with Ubuntu so please forgive me. I picked up 2 awesome books on it, one on Linux and one specifically on Ubuntu, and haven't gotten to the subject matter that you just described.

Best Regards,

Nevins
Reply #32 - Jun 3rd, 2010, 7:03am

right click processing>properties>permissions> tick allow executing file as program

thats all you need to do. took me a day to figure that out lol, im new to linux
Pages: 1 2 3