We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › Using a Java 5.0 Library with processing
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Using a Java 5.0 Library with processing (Read 560 times)
Using a Java 5.0 Library with processing
Apr 21st, 2008, 11:14pm

I'm doing some Machine Learning applications using Weka 3.5.7 and Mulan, which both require Java 1.5, or 5.0 if you'd like to call it.  I'm using Processing to prototype a simple interface to work with this machine learning algorithms.  How can I use these libraries with Processing?  When I try to run the example code I get a "java.lang.Enum" was not found error, which I believe comes from that class belonging to Java 1.5 rather than 1.4.2.  

Any help or links to some reading on the subject would be greatly appreciated.  

H
Re: Using a Java 5.0 Library with processing
Reply #1 - Apr 22nd, 2008, 10:02am

It depends on the OS you are using, in the case of windows download the version without java (expert), in the case of linux (and i guess mac osx) you can delete (or rename) the java folder inside processing. In all the cases you have to make sure that your installed jdk is in the path. I use java 1.5 in windows and i have had no problems, in linux i have just tested it and it works but i don't know if you will encounter further problems.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1