We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware,  Documentation,  Website Suggestions › Printable/High Res. Chart of Processing commands
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Printable/High Res. Chart of Processing commands (Read 1715 times)
Printable/High Res. Chart of Processing commands
Apr 13th, 2008, 2:33am

I wanted to know if anyone has assembled a chart, maybe something like the periodic table of elements, which layouts out a large number of the different commands possible for Processing. It wouldn't need to be necessarily in any order or relationship. A simple reference chart would suffice.

Is there such a thing now or in the works?
Re: Printable/High Res. Chart of Processing comman
Reply #1 - Apr 16th, 2008, 5:26am

Are you looking for something besides the extended reference document?

http://processing.org/reference/index_ext.html

...Maybe something more visual and suitable for framing (as they say)?
Reply #2 - Apr 16th, 2008, 3:10pm

Maybe for framing. Essentially, I'm thinking of a chart that would be suitable for visual reference in the classroom.

Cheers
Reply #3 - Apr 16th, 2008, 4:40pm

Sounds like a great idea for a project.  Hmmm, maybe I'll find some time this weekend.
Reply #4 - Apr 16th, 2008, 5:22pm

Well if you do, let me know. I'd be grateful to see what you come up with, as would many I'm sure.

If you initiate it then perhaps you could make your .psd file available for editing, a type of open-source approach to photoshop poster design wherein others can adapt the work for more complex, advanced presentations of functions and commands if the interest was out there. Just an idea. Either way, all the best.

Cheers,
Morgen
Reply #5 - May 15th, 2008, 4:39pm

Morgen Peers wrote on Apr 16th, 2008, 5:22pm:
If you initiate it then perhaps you could make your .psd file available for editing

Argh, no, using a PSD format is a bad idea. For such reference, a vector format, resizable, is much better, and often lighter.
Using Inkscape, that would export in SVG format, would be better, and anybody would be able to update it.
Output format would be PDF, a classical in quick reference formats, and good for printing.
Reply #6 - May 15th, 2008, 4:45pm

100% agreed. Since I made that commment I've been learning and using Pajek, KiNG, and MAGE. I now see the strength of the SVG.

With Microsoft's (read: Seadragon's) DEEP ZOOM I think the possibilities for single sheet learning charts is blown wide-open. We near infinite space and can fit almost anything we want on one sheet. Poster design breaks its bounds and becomes the creation of complete worlds of reference, no matter the subject or topic.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1