We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › Apple Remote + Web/Processing
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Apple Remote + Web/Processing? (Read 365 times)
Apple Remote + Web/Processing?
Apr 1st, 2008, 11:08pm

Hi there Smiley

Not sure if this is the right forum for this question, don't know where else to post...

Is there a way to use the Apple Remote with Processing? I don't even want to use it for Processing so much. I want to create some animations with processing to music, and display them on the web.  

I'm wondering if there is a way either through processing, or flash or html or java or however it's possible, with the Apple remote, to advance through the site/pieces? Even if it was a stand alone application. Say I access the site, would it be possible to use <next> and <back> and <volume>etc? It would be cool if there was a way to get your site or application into Front Row and access it from there.  

I'm an Australian artist currently in NL. I started with processing 3 days ago, so i know nothing. I know what i wanna do, tho. I'm really interested in the idea of being able to use the internet as a media player. Not necessarily be able to simply play files but to be able to access rich sites in as simple a way as pressing 'PLAY'.

I'd love to be able to pick up the apple remote, access front row, access my site, and then the experience begins. I can skip through chapters/tracks/videos/ - go home, or go back to front row. Even go back to a list of sites, you know?

Actually that would probably take a lot of work and plugins or libraries or whatever it takes. Is there any way to access a browser from front row, or simply with the remote itself? I guess this is more of an idea than a question... And maybe it's a good idea but heck, i dunno how to do it.

Any help appreciated, would love others input/links on this, even a redirection to a more relevant message board.

Regards,