We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › MovieMaker Eclipse
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
MovieMaker Eclipse (Read 3544 times)
MovieMaker Eclipse
Feb 29th, 2008, 10:06am

Did anyone get this to work yet. I'm getting this error the moment I call: new MovieMaker(...
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at processing.core.PApplet$RegisteredMethods.handle(PApplet.java:711)
at processing.core.PApplet$RegisteredMethods.handle(PApplet.java:704)
at processing.core.PApplet.handleDisplay(PApplet.java:1493)
at processing.core.PGraphics.requestDisplay(PGraphics.java:690)
at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:1556)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: quicktime/QTException

Are there other libs (apart from video.jar) that I need to include? I tried including the apple.jar (since it's a QTException) but that didn't help.

I did get to save images with the PGraphics.save() and the MovieMaker instance points to the same dir, so that can't be it. (everything worked fine before porting to eclipse)
Re: MovieMaker Eclipse
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2008, 5:54pm

I have the same issue -- the classloader never seems to return an instance of MovieMaker.
Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2008, 10:36pm

Did you installed QuickTime per Video library instructions
Reply #3 - Jul 9th, 2008, 10:45pm

Actually just figured it out -- I was running it as an applet, not a standalone app. My bad.
Reply #4 - Dec 2nd, 2008, 7:45am

I'm getting a similar problem trying to create a MovieMaker instance in Eclipse.  This was working with the PDE.  Any ideas on how to fix it?  I've tried running as an applet and an application.

Exception in thread "Animation Thread" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: quicktime/QTException
Reply #5 - Dec 2nd, 2008, 12:44pm

Is QTJava.zip on your classpath/build path? It is in <processing install path>/libraries/video.
Reply #6 - Dec 2nd, 2008, 6:34pm

It wasn't, but I've added it to the build path and now get this:

Exception in thread "Animation Thread" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no QTJava in java.library.path

This is similar to a no JOGL error I got earlier, which I fixed by adding -Djava.library.path=<processing>/libraries/opengl/library" to the VM arguments.

I also tried copying QTJava.zip into that folder, but I get the same no QTJava error.
Reply #7 - Nov 14th, 2009, 5:03pm

Anyone found a Solution?
Why does it work in the PDE but not in Eclipse?

Sad
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1