We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Increase memory limit in application
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Increase memory limit in application (Read 387 times)
Increase memory limit in application
Feb 29th, 2008, 5:02am

My app loads large images and uses OpenGL (it's a map), so needs to have the memory limit increased.  It runs fine from the IDE, but not when exported as an application.  Another thread pointed me to the -Xmx flags for the java runtime, so it was easy to fix on linux by just editing the shell script.  So, how would you do that on OSX or Windows?  

in OSX I tried editing Info.plist and changing the flag in VMOptions, but the app just crashes.  This is on a Macbook Pro w/ 2GB, and it runs smooth as butter in the Processing IDE.

side note: it runs smooth as butter in Processing 0124.  It runs like slightly chunkier butter in 0135.   don't know why yet.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1