We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › manual export application
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
manual export application (Read 993 times)
manual export application
Feb 22nd, 2008, 8:23am

Hey,

I developed my processing project in eclipse. Finally I have to make my own "export application". So I tried to figure out how this works and think I got it almost.
Now I have some questions:

1. I had the idea to add all java-classes to the PDE. But I used some stuff from java 1.5 (List, HashMap). Do I have to any posibility to get this started? And if not, so I will try to create the application by myself. Is there anything specific I have to keep in mind?

2. In eclipse I needed for playing the processing.video.Movie, to add the library Quicktime for Java.. I added all jar's I need in the folder "lib" and in the args.txt. Should this with 'Quicktime for Java' get in any confliction with processing? Or I don't need it at all?

3. Can the main sketch be in a package?! I tried it in the pde, but there is a semantic error.

Would be great to give a short notice about that

Kklex05
Re: manual export application
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2008, 10:29am

Hey,
I think I answered question 1 by myself.. it seems to work.
But another question:
I structured in eclipse all code in packages. While figuring out how the "export application" function works, i realized that the PDE has problems to compile packages at all...
Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2008, 9:58am

I got it by myself.
Reply #3 - Feb 25th, 2008, 9:24am

Can you please write your solution, beacuse i have the same problem.

I need to export my app from eclipse to jar file...

Thank you very much in advance.
Reply #4 - Feb 26th, 2008, 10:21am

Sure. I will write it quite in detail, cause I dont know how much you unterstood until now.

Its was quite easy if you once got it. First I tried to understand how this "export application" works out and realized that I need the sketchname.jar in folder lib to get it started.
I used the same structure that processing is creating with "export application" and added all jars I needed in the folder lib and in the args.txt.
Now, Eclipse is making the rest. If rightclicking on the project in eclipse there will be offered "Export..". Choice Java/JAR file -> Next and select your project. (First you should select all parts... if you understood it you can see what you really need and how you want to structure your mainfolder) Check if there is a mark by "Export generated class files and resources" and select a export destination.
Twice 'Next'. The JAR Manifest Specification you should 'generate the manifest file" and select your main class. After you finished, a jar file will created which you put in you lib folder. At the end check if in your args.txt is the correct main class written. For example if the main class is in the package gui, then write gui.main at first line.
Finish!
Let me know if it worked out fine with you.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1