We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › Square tiling
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Square tiling (Read 965 times)
Square tiling
Jan 11th, 2008, 8:51am

Inspirations for "How Not To Decorate Your Home", courtesy of simple
square tilings.

http://www.otoh.org/zwicky/Processing/squaretile/applet/index.html

I used to draw things like this in PostScript, but it's hard to find a good
PostScript development environment these days, so I'm doodling in Processing.
Re: Square tiling
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2008, 12:54am

Amazing stuff! Good job :)
Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2008, 8:14am

I've updated it so that it keeps going all the time, varying a small number of parameters until you click the mouse, when it starts anew with entirely different parameters.
Reply #3 - Jan 12th, 2008, 5:33pm

I actually liked it much better as it were before. Maybe you can have two different versions, or use a button to trigger 'auto run' on and off or something ...
Reply #4 - Jan 14th, 2008, 6:37am

OK, now it has the world's worst user interface. I was too lazy to do buttons, so I did keys. Then, you know how it goes, I thought it would be better to do the bad user interface thing whole-heartedly, so I made all the lower-case letters do stuff. There's some documentation on the page, but its default mode is yet another mode, where it draws the same thing over and over. 'a' puts it back in the original, draw one layer mode. 'd' puts it into the most recent, draw every-varying stuff mode.

Even for a bad user interface, it has some quirks I'd like to iron out. But it's amusing.
Reply #5 - Jan 14th, 2008, 12:20pm

you can get incredible tableclothes with such a program! Smiley
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1