We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › Minim .ogg audio support
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Minim .ogg audio support (Read 694 times)
Minim .ogg audio support
Dec 9th, 2007, 2:16am

So, this is pretty annoying: I could a while back get .ogg support on just playing java sound by using Jorbis and tritonus' plugins, and the difference between "being able to play" and not was just having those jars on the build path...

And, I know that Minim just wraps the javasound

So, why, when I put the said jars on the build path, I still get "null" when I create with Minim.loadFile(".ogg")?

(By the way, the reason I can't just use plain javasound is because I need the super-accurate song playing position minim offers - it's for a DDR experiment)
Re: Minim .ogg audio support
Reply #1 - Dec 9th, 2007, 6:16pm

Hum, I'll have to look into it. I have to do some special case stuff for mp3s because they were not behaving as nicely as I would have liked, it may be the case that the same is happening for ogg files. But you're right, tritonus has set it up as a service provider plugin, so it's just supposed to magically work.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1