We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionGeneral Discussion,  Status › Status 24 Oct 2007
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Status 24 Oct 2007 (Read 626 times)
Status 24 Oct 2007
Oct 24th, 2007, 3:17pm

i've not posted a status report for a long time, and like to hear myself talk, so here goes.

1. you probably know this well enough, but casey and i's processing book is out...this has consumed most of our time over the past several months (years) and we're happy to have it done. also several books from others (ira greenberg, tim igoe, etc) about or using processing are emerging too. also very exciting. the other part of my time has been taken up writing an additional book called "visualizing data" (arrives mid-december) that also uses processing.
http://processing.org/learning/books/

2. we're trying to make another dash at a 1.0 release. we've tried and failed to do this in the past (and i've probably just jinxed us by bringing it up). two major features to be implemented are P2D and the Tools menu. other than that, it's lots of bug fixes. the tools menu includes a new auto-format tool. the preprocessor also needs heavy fixing, but i don't think we'll be able to do that before 1.0 (without someone else pitching in).

3. in light of #2, if you have a pet bug/feature that you want fixed, make sure it's listed at dev.processing.org/bugs.

4. #2 should explain the flurry of releases over the last week or so. we've made lots of good progress with the pde, core, and the docs. i'm trying to get incremental releases out (remember, this is beta software) rather than monolithic releases that break big things. (err, just lots of little releases that break big things...)

5. i'm also keeping a close eye on the board to see how things develop with the new releases. this is mostly checking in between compiles or while waiting for things to upload. the free support contract will run out soon enough.

6. we're probably gonna send out an email to the mailing list (remember that?) sometime in the next few weeks. this will probably be happening as some of the quirks in more recent releases are ironed out.

that is all.

love,

B.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1