We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Getting started JMyron... (Read 2971 times)
Getting started JMyron...
Oct 20th, 2007, 7:00am

I installed and tried the example('Myron_simpleCamera') recommended as the simplest one, but failed.
What I got as an error message is:

Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Applications/Processing 0125/libraries/JMyron/library/libJMyron.jnilib:  
 at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1751)
 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1676)
 at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:822)
 at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:992)
 at JMyron.JMyron.<clinit>(JMyron.java:14)

It is the same with the question by another person (that is posted at this category, but I can't link it). This person seems to finally solve the problem as you can see at the last reply:
---------------------------
Solved it! It turns out that the native jnilib was compiled only for PPC. Luckily, this guy:
http://www.jibberia.com/projects/
has compiled an Intel version. Now it works.
---------------------------

Yet, I can't understand fully and fix my problem.
(I also suspect I installed perfectly)
Could anybody help me?

When i test a few examples about video obtained at this site, those work well.
Re: Getting started JMyron...
Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2007, 5:15pm

hi, if you're on a intel mac, this is the way to go:

download the libJMyron.jnilib from the website you linked to. unzip it, and like it's stated on the jibberia website,
"replace the one in /Applications/Processing/libraries/JMyron/library/ with this one."
make sense?
Reply #2 - Oct 20th, 2007, 8:35pm

Thanks a lot..i got the right picture..
And also your website is so cool~!
Reply #3 - Nov 22nd, 2007, 4:42pm

Yeah! I had the same problem and now it all seems to be working fine for me. Thanks a lot!
Reply #4 - Feb 24th, 2008, 3:24pm

Hello,

i'm experiencing a strange problem on Jmyron library.
I'm trying to write down a code that would allow me to track colors from the frames taken by a webcam. I'm working on a Mac OSX (PPC running Tiger), with Processing 0135 and an updated version of jMyron library.

I noticed that 90% of the times that I try to launch the applet, this crashes down immediately.. giving me back this error message:

myron_ezcam_run() failed at cam->initCamera()

Somebody had already the same problem or knows how to solve it?
Other solution: somebody would suggest me another reliable way to track colors with processing and a webcam?

thanks a lot

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1