We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware,  Documentation,  Website Suggestions › Open button's behavior on the toolbar, later 126
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Open button's behavior on the toolbar, later 126 (Read 690 times)
Open button's behavior on the toolbar, later 126
Oct 19th, 2007, 12:23pm

in another thread, i posted
"About the behavior of the open button on the tool bar, I prefer the previous one."

and i was encouraged by fry
"casey and i have been discussing that, and whether it makes sense to keep the old behavior for buttons on the toolbar, but use the "new" behavior with from the file menu. it's tough to make the call since we're so used to the way it worked formerly. i'd encourage you to start a thread about it in "suggestions", i need to close this one so it doesn't become a random catch-all for processing comments."

so, i create this thread.

i suggest the following alternative, if it is not so troublesome.

1. add a new menuItem "switch" to the menu "File", having the old behavior.
(i also preffer "Sketch" to "File", in spite of a violation to the UI Guideline)
2. redesign the icon of this button on tne toolbar.
3. update the explanation about this button.
Re: Open button's behavior on the toolbar, later 1
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2007, 4:42pm

thank you, reas and fry.
i love the current behavior.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1