We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOpenGL and 3D Libraries › OpenGL output displaced from output window
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
OpenGL output displaced from output window (Read 1254 times)
OpenGL output displaced from output window
Oct 14th, 2007, 1:25pm

Hi, I'm running OPENGL in processing and have been facing a strange problem which I guess others are not.
Whenever I start by writing size(x,y, OPENGL); and write even the simplest code like sphere(5); and finish the program, my output always comes on the top left corner of the monitor while the output(run )window(black or grey or whatever) is movable at any place just like any other window in Windows. But yes, the output window also tries to show some static output sometimes and things become very messy altogether. Sad

Why is this weird thing happening with me? Please help!
I'm using Windows Vista and Intel 945GM Express Chipset Family Graphics card.

P.S. using P3D doesn't cause this problem. This problem occurs only with OPENGL.
Re: OpenGL output displaced from output window
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2007, 1:34pm

Hi,

this problem is not related to Processing but to your Graphic Card Drivers that has a bug in the OpenGL Overlay.

Have you modified OpenGL settings in your drivers settings ?

Try to reinstall the 945GM drivers. Smiley
Re: OpenGL output displaced from output window
Reply #2 - Oct 14th, 2007, 3:16pm

Hi,
After reading this, I downloaded the latest version of driver from Intel website, which specifically says "this newer version supports openGL, while the ones which come with windows don't." (http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel945gm/sb/CS-021517.htm)

But even after installing it successfully, I'm at the same place Sad

These are the current openGL settings of my driver and in brackets there are other options:

Asynchronous Flip: Off (On)
Triple Buffering: Default (Off/On)
Flipping Policy: Flip(Blit)
Depth Buffer Bit Depth: 24 Bit Depth Buffer(Default/16 Bit)
Force S3TC Texture Compression: Off(On)
Force FX1 Texture Compression: Off(On)
Driver Memory Footprint: Normal(Low/High)
Texture Color Depth: Desktop Color Depth(16 Bits per Texel/32 Bits per Texel)
Anisotropic Filtering: Application Control(Off/On)

I don't know the meaning of most of them Smiley .. Are these set wrongly? I have tried setting the Texture color depth and depth buffer bit depth to some other values but to no luck.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1