We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionEvents,  Publications,  Opportunities › Java+Processing dev/designer wanted in NYC
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Java+Processing dev/designer wanted in NYC (Read 586 times)
Java+Processing dev/designer wanted in NYC
Oct 1st, 2007, 12:04pm

We are a small financial firm, looking to develop a client facing trading application.  The application will be used by our clients to enter orders, view market data, receive confirmations, etc.  We need someone who is comfortable enough with Java to develop the client part of the application, make it easy to use and make it “beautiful.”

Regarding technical experience, ideally we would like someone who has a computer science degree at any level; however, that is not a requirement.  It will be nice if you have developed boring old Java GUIs.  We are even more interested in anyone who is familiar with typed functional languages such as Haskell/Scala/F#, etc.

Adventurous designers will have access to vast amount of data to play with.  There are some interesting opportunities for those who are of an experimental nature.
This will also be a great opportunity to learn about financial markets.

Those who are interested, even those who are just curious, can send me some examples of their work -- resumes as well, if you have them.

If you have any questions, please contact me via email or phone.  If you would like to stop by our office, I’ll be more than happy to have a chat.

--Shahbaz
Marco Polo Network, Inc.
http://marcopolonetwork.com/
212-220-2698
schaudhary@marcopolonetwork.com
75 Broad St.
New York, New York somethingsomethingsomethingzipcode
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1