We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › using smooth() in browsers
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
using smooth() in browsers (Read 1140 times)
using smooth() in browsers
Sep 25th, 2007, 4:43pm

smooth() doesn't seem to work in my code when i produce an applet and load it in a browser, i've tried ie and firefox. is this normal ? can anyone else say the same ?

regards,robin
Re: using smooth() in browsers
Reply #1 - Sep 28th, 2007, 9:17pm

smooth wasn't working for me either.  But I couldn't get openGL working at all, so maybe its just me.
Reply #2 - Sep 29th, 2007, 12:12pm

Seems to work here, locally at leas, in ie and firefox.
Do you have an exemple ?
Reply #3 - Oct 4th, 2007, 1:25pm

source and applet here

http://143.117.78.184/gscore/applet4/

yeah on the same topic antialiasing on my pc seems to work randomly, ie i run the sketch once and it's not antialiased, i run it again and it does. humph
Reply #4 - Oct 11th, 2007, 1:24pm

I've try your applet online and yes doesn't seems smooth() works.

But i'm not sure it's due to the browser exporting.

I've this kind of problem when i somehow hit the memory limit of my computer (and size don't work sometimes too).

Did you try it at smaller size ?

Hope it helps
Reply #5 - Oct 11th, 2007, 3:05pm

i would suspect that your graphics card isn't up to the task, for instance if you're on a mac mini or an imac with integrated graphics. for me the smoothing is working just fine.
Reply #6 - Oct 16th, 2007, 3:19am

hmmm, it seems to work for me?
Reply #7 - Oct 17th, 2007, 12:37pm

cheers for all the replies, i'm not really sure what's going on here. The thing that freaks me out is like I said sometimes I hit play and processing (i've wondered OT now cos I'm talking about smooth() in processing) starts with aliasing and sometimes I hit play and it starts with out. Could this be something to do with which JRE I'm using ? How do I find out which one I'm currently using?

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1