We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Paths and exporting
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Paths and exporting (Read 755 times)
Paths and exporting
Sep 19th, 2007, 11:17pm

Hello.  I've a question I can't seem to answer.

I have a sketch which relies on an external class (i.e. a different java file).  I instantiate the class in the main sketch by passing several files as arguments.  The sketch runs fine in the PDE but when exported (as either applet or application) shows only a white/blank screen.  I've investigated the jar file that is exported and everything that is needed seems to be there.  When I check the console there are no errors.  I have also checked to make sure class names match file names and such.

Are there further obvious things that I should investigate in order to diagnose this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Spence

P.S. I'm on OS X (10.4.10), running Processing 0125
Re: Paths and exporting
Reply #1 - Sep 22nd, 2007, 7:08am

Hello.  I've gotten it half way solved.  By removing the "extends PApplet" on my other class and a few minor tweaks I can now open the jar file and have it run, but it still won't run in a web browser.  I'll hunt around a bit more, but if anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

s
Reply #2 - Sep 22nd, 2007, 7:43am

we need your code.
Reply #3 - Sep 22nd, 2007, 7:38pm

I got it.  I don't yet know how, but it is working.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1