We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
JMyron UnsatisfiedLinkError (Read 5348 times)
JMyron UnsatisfiedLinkError
Aug 17th, 2007, 12:42am

Hello,

I'm trying to get JMyron up and running, but am hitting a blocker very early on. Not even the simpleCamera example works As soon as I construct a JMyron() object it crashes with the following error:
Code:

Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Applications/Processing 0125/libraries/JMyron/library/libJMyron.jnilib:
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1751)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1676)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:822)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:992)
at JMyron.JMyron.<clinit>(JMyron.java:14)

The camera I'm using works using the processing video library, so I don't think that's the issue, although it is black and white.

Thanks in advance.
Re: JMyron UnsatisfiedLinkError
Reply #1 - Aug 17th, 2007, 3:21pm

More digging around, it turns out that it doesn't work perfectly with the normal video library either. The examples all work fine, so it's getting camera data, except if I uncomment the line in GettingStartedCapture that says

Code:

String[] devices = Capture.list();

it crashes with the error:

Code:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldn't find any capture devices, read the video reference for more info.

I'm on a Mac Pro Intel with Mac OS X 10.4.10
Reply #2 - Aug 17th, 2007, 3:38pm

More weirdness! (Sorry about the flood of info)

If I open iChat and look at the video preview it claims "Your camera is in use by another application." and doesn't show me anything. This happens even if I restart the computer and open iChat before anything else. I'm beginning to worry that the camera only sort of works on the Mac or something. It's a Flea by Point Grey Research.
Reply #3 - Aug 18th, 2007, 10:10pm

Did you install any software that came with the camera? If you did try removing it or disabling it and restart.

Just my uneducated guess.

The unsatisfied link error can also happen if JMyron is not installed according to the instructions in the zip file. I've made that mistake.
Reply #4 - Aug 20th, 2007, 5:47pm

I don't think it's an issue with the camera. I just got a hold of an iSight, and I'm having the same issue.

Is JMyron known to work in processing 125 on Intel macs?
Reply #5 - Aug 20th, 2007, 5:50pm

Solved it! It turns out that the native jnilib was compiled only for PPC. Luckily, this guy:
http://www.jibberia.com/projects/
has compiled an Intel version. Now it works.
Reply #6 - Mar 21st, 2009, 12:57am

Brilliant - thanks for finding that, it was a great help - cheers, Garth
Reply #7 - Aug 29th, 2009, 8:00am

The site you pointed for the .jnilib file seems hacked. Is there someone that could share the file for intel macs? Thanks a lot!
Reply #8 - Sep 16th, 2009, 4:32am

thank u very much .
Reply #9 - Nov 21st, 2009, 12:16pm

IS there any other place to download the JMyron file for intel macs? thanks!!
Reply #10 - Nov 21st, 2009, 6:32pm

Same problem here, I can't find this file for download anywhere! If someone can put this up, I will try to host it on my site too.
Reply #11 - Dec 17th, 2009, 5:26am

I had this problem too.
I did change the archive and it worked.

The file you can download it from here: jibberia.com/projects/libJMyron.jnilib.zip

Ah! I am not using Mac,  I am using Windows XP (on a Intel processor) and it still worked fine.

Greetings from Spain.
Reply #12 - Mar 18th, 2010, 1:26pm

I get an unsatisfied link error but mine is with the JMyron.dll

Exception in thread "Animation Thread" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Program Files\processing-1.0.4\libraries\JMyron\library\JMyron.dll: Can't find dependent libraries
     at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1778)
     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1703)
     at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
     at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1028)
     at JMyron.JMyron.<clinit>(JMyron.java:14)
     at Myron_VectorOutlines.setup(Myron_VectorOutlines.java:38)
     at processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(PApplet.java:1403)
     at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:1328)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Im on windows xp. OpenCV works fine as does processing video. Im using 1.0.4 (im on a netbook)

I made sure i put the extra dll in my system32 folder, the library is in the right place - i set a blank sketch with 1 line - import JMyron.*; and it ran fine just giving me a blank grey box so the library is in the right place.

Any help appreciated
Reply #13 - Mar 19th, 2010, 4:57am

found from another thread about 2 missing .dll fiels required in my system32 folder.

got them in but now i seem to have multiple instances of the camera image overlaid and slightly offcenter

println shows myron beta 2.4

ive got the dlls all in system32
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1