We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › wrj4P5, WiiRemote P5 Library - Alpha
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16
wrj4P5, WiiRemote P5 Library - Alpha (Read 93289 times)
Re: wrj4P5, WiiRemote P5 Library - Alpha
Reply #30 - Dec 7th, 2007, 5:14pm

On my PC,
if size is bigger then 500 then the thing is really really slow, like not usuable. Am I the only one? I've done some test with only the basics.

update:
Even with a small resolution of 400*400, evrything gets really lagging ( slow ) when to much stuff is going on. Might be my pc....
Reply #31 - Dec 7th, 2007, 5:40pm

my pc is MacMini ppc/1.42GHz with tiger.
the wiiremote with nunchuk is same responce on 640X480 as on 300x300 screen.
might your pc be .....
Reply #32 - Dec 7th, 2007, 6:02pm

oh bollocks.
At least I am happy that it's only a problem for me. Hope I will find a way around that.
Thanks Classiclll for your quick answer.
Reply #33 - Dec 7th, 2007, 6:09pm

i will try on PenM1.4GHz with WinXP.
but it is too deep night, the tryal will be done on tommorow.
good night.
Reply #34 - Dec 7th, 2007, 7:36pm

Oh thanks a lot.
I understand that it must be late from your side of the planet.
Reply #35 - Dec 8th, 2007, 7:42am

hi, TM.
my samples, MyFirstWii, iraira-bar and AttitudeAnalisys run well on a 600X600 window.
Processing 0124-beta, & winXP-SP2, WIDCOMM stack 3.0.1.912, avetanaBluetooth

i have no idea to solve your problem. sorry
Reply #36 - Dec 8th, 2007, 2:39pm

Thanks you for testing Smiley

I tried on a different pc, a more powerful one with a 2.1 Ghz processor and 2G of ram. Using processing 124 but it was just lagging a bit less. I am also using java 1.5 update 14.

Don't really know how to go around this one.  Maybe the fact that I am using class sucks to much cpu and ram. But it would the first time I have this problem as I am not doing crazy object-oriented things with hundred of objects.

I guess I will have to go back to glovepie Sad
I going to try a ultra simple version on P5, so at least I have a visual interface for the wiimote.

Anyway I will definitely look at your advancement in this library and will try your next version as soon as you've done one.

Are you planing on continuing developing this library? Thanks again for taking time to read and trying to help.
Reply #37 - Dec 8th, 2007, 3:34pm

Will you send your pde if you do not mind?
classiclll_jp(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)jp
Reply #38 - Dec 10th, 2007, 1:37pm

hello
I've tryed to install all the elemnets as explained before

they are no errors in processing
but the wiimote is not viexed by the programm when I push the 1 and 2 buttons

""
BlueCove version 2.0.1 on winsock
trying to find a wii
""
Reply #39 - Dec 11th, 2007, 11:05am

Sorry for the delay, was a bit busy this week-end.

Classiclll wrote on Dec 8th, 2007, 3:34pm:
Will you send your pde if you do not mind
classiclll_jp(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)jp

For my pde, I thought it could be my coding, so I took your example with the 3D cube and change size to 600 by 600. And it was still lagging. So I don't think you would get something out of this. Sorry, really don't get why I have this problem, and I seem to be the only one. Must be a weird combination of bluetooth, P5, windows and java on my pc.

But in a way this limitation of screen size made me re-think my design and code. My java applet will just be a "bridge" between my wiimote and ableton, so it's better if to have a small size. For the moment everything is working fine, I am doing a interface so I can easily use the wiimote as a midi controller. I already done this with glovepie but it's just to anoying to have to go in the code just to change a behavior or midi note.

It's just annoying if I want to do visuel in high definition.

driko: Can you see your wiimote with just your bluetooth software If I remember you manage this in "my bluetooth place". I think you need to do this once so the wiimote is "recorded"  in "my bluetooth place".
If I remember well, go to "my bluetooth place" and scan/search for device and press 1&2 on the wiimote. Your wiimote should appear in the list. I am sure you can find a "how to" somewhere with google. Also I remember that not all bluetooth driver/software works with all bluetooth usb device and a wiimote. Apparently "blue soleil" works for some people ( not me ).
Reply #40 - Dec 11th, 2007, 11:08am

Also I just realised Classiclll. I am using the wiimote on its own, I don't have any nunchuk attached to the wiimote. Does it make a difference?
Reply #41 - Dec 11th, 2007, 1:27pm

thank you replay, and support for driko.
TM wrote on Dec 11th, 2007, 11:05am:
Must be a weird combination of bluetooth, P5, windows and java on my pc.
For the moment everything is working fine,...
i understand your situation, (i think)

TM wrote on Dec 11th, 2007, 11:08am:
Also I just realised Classiclll. I am using the wiimote on its own, I don't have any nunchuk attached to the wiimote. Does it make a difference
no difference may be. but tow input event handling is more heavy than single source.

driko:
please follow TM's suggestion.
do you check the following [List of Bluetooth USB dongles working with Microsoft Bluetooth stack]
http://bluecove.wiki.sourceforge.net/ms-usb-dongles
BlueCove, WiiremoteJ and Tips for UBUNTU (GUTSY)
Reply #42 - Dec 29th, 2007, 11:05am

BlueCove 2.0.2 (OSX support) snapshot at 1229
http://www.pyx4me.com/maven2-snapshot/net/sf/bluecove/bluecove/2.0.2-SNAPSHOT/

Wiiremotej v1.1 released (too late!). and, a  cool tips for UBUNTU (GUTSY)  added.
http://www.wiili.org/forum/wiiremotej-tips-t2815.html

and... i added a note to the undocumented property of WiiRimokon, Loc[] irLights.
http://sourceforge.jp/projects/wrj4p5/wiki/Wrj4P5%28en%29
Reply #43 - Dec 29th, 2007, 12:41pm

Cheers for the info.
Reply #44 - Jan 5th, 2008, 1:47am

Anyone had any luck getting anything out of irLights?

So far all I get out of it is 'null'... quite possibly because I don't know what the hell I'm doing.  Do I need to do something to get the IR sensor running first?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16