We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › wrj4P5, WiiRemote P5 Library - Alpha
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 
wrj4P5, WiiRemote P5 Library - Alpha (Read 93292 times)
Re: wrj4P5, WiiRemote P5 Library - Alpha
Reply #210 - Sep 5th, 2009, 11:29pm

hi SuGu14, sorry for late reply.

i've tried to install processing to winows7(RC,64bit) on my macmini, but not successed, yet.

i only know these facts
- WiiremoteJ uses L2CAP protocol, and only widcomm stack suports L2CAP via Bluecove.(only windows users)
- the latest version of WiiremoteJ is 1.6a, not 1.6
 see http://www.wiili.com/forum/wiiremotej-f68.html
- MS stack doesn't support L2CAP still on windowd7.
- Macmini built-in bluetooth device is not supported by widcomm
- USB BT-dongle with widcomm is accepted with widcomm stack to be supporting L2CAP on windows7.

i may suggest you to
- change your bt-stack to widcomm, and/or bt-dongle with widcomm stack
- change version of WiiremoteJ 1.6 to 1.6a

any feedback is welcome.
Reply #211 - Sep 7th, 2009, 3:26pm

Thank you very much for your answer Classiclll!!

Tomorrow early I will try to install the 1.6a of WiiRemoteJ, now it is very late and I would not pay much attention. What you say about the Widcomm stack, would this one serve to me? h t  t p://w w w.taringa.net/posts/downloads/2218144/Widcomm-Bluetooth-Stack-v5_0_1_2500.html (Sorry because it is on Spanish and for sending you the link by this way, but is that I am not allowed until doing 5 posts Embarrassed)
I wanted to install Processing and everything in another PC that runs Windows XP but I had the unluck that the same day the pc broke down! Now I am trying to fix it. But sooner as I can I will tell you if with just the same I have on the PC running Windows 7 works on the XP one (Last resource… macbook of my father!). But first I am going to try to do what you say to me.

Again, thank you very much for your reply!

I will say you something in few days.
Reply #212 - Sep 8th, 2009, 7:35am

Classiclll,
Could you send me please some web where I could download Widcomm stack?
It's important to download the version of Processing without java? Because I have the one with it.

Thanks!
Reply #213 - Sep 8th, 2009, 9:03pm

SuGu14
SuGu14 wrote on Sep 8th, 2009, 7:35am:
Classiclll,
Could you send me please some web where I could download Widcomm stack
It's important to download the version of Processing without java Because I have the one with it.

Thanks!

sorry
my dongle has the widcomm stack. so i don't know the link that runs well.
at least, the installer on some googled link(including the broadcom site) can install for my dongle on windows 7. and cannot install for built-in bt-device of my macmini.
i think the some chip(other than broadcom) and/or dongle without widcomm lisence cannot use that installer.

Reply #214 - Sep 9th, 2009, 1:23am

Well, I'll buy another dongle because the one I have does not work well, when I try to install the software that has it doesn't run, even changing the compatibility to Windows XP. Would you recommend me a particular one?

It's important to download the version of Processing without java? Because I have the one with it.

Thanks a lot and sorry for all the questions
Reply #215 - Sep 9th, 2009, 9:51am

SuGu14

my dongle was bought in Japan, so it will be not for you.
the wiili site offers many dongles(and attatched stack) below
http://www.wiili.com/index.php/Compatible_Bluetooth_Devices

WiiremoteJ works on java 1.5+.
and wrj4p5 works on processing 0148+, may work on the newest version.
the processing with java includes java 1.4(perhaps).
Reply #216 - Sep 17th, 2009, 2:28pm

Hi Classic, sorry for late reply,

I bought the new USB dongle, now I have this one: http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=398674
This one comes with the Widcomm software, so I uninstalled all I got related in bluetooth and then installed the drivers that come with.

I've downloaded the new version of Processing 1.0.7 (it comes with Java 6), installed the WiiRemoteJ 1.6a and I've also done what it's said in the post WiiRemoteJ tips of the wiili.com(http://www.wiili.com/forum/wiiremotej-tips-t2815.html):  "On Windows, you may also need to add the path of the library to the Windows system PATH variable."  But stills without finding the Wii Remote.

As you know... on my libraries folder inside Sketchbook I have the folders of Wrj4P5 and Loc with a folder inside each one called Library... and I was asking if it's needed to have also all that's inside the zip of Wrj4p5 and loc, because in your "How to" you just say to create a new Folder called Library with the jars inside, but in some posts of this topic some people say they have also the zip.

Inside the Library folder of Wrj4P5, I should have the WiiRemoteJ.jar, BlueCove...wrj4p5... or also the folder that comes with the WiiRemoteJ when I download it Can I move that folder to trash and only keep the jar

Thank you so much for your attention one more time!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: The computer with Windows XP I said broke down is now well, I'll try if can I get it to work there the P5aber applet or any other.
Reply #217 - Oct 31st, 2009, 10:05am

Hi everyone,
I finally managed to connect the Wii with Processing changing to a Windows XP laptop (I couldn't get it to work with the Windows 7 OS). Thank you very much Classic!

Now I was trying to implement the Wii to my project and I think it should be simple. I would like to have a precise control over command of WiiRemote, by the IR sensors, calculating the rotation and position.

ALJ said:
Quote:
My idea is probably the same as yours. Take two dots from the IR, find the angle between them and use this angle in the same way as the angle from the accelerometers to make sure the movements are always what the user expects. I haven't done an implementation of it yet though.

I have constructed a sensor bar with four IR Leds. But has someone done the implementation?

If someone knows, please  tell me.

Many thanks!!
Reply #218 - Nov 1st, 2009, 1:14am

hi
SuGu14 wrote on Oct 31st, 2009, 10:05am:
Hi everyone,
I finally managed to connect the Wii with Processing changing to a Windows XP laptop.
good news! pls enjoy.
(some libs may only run on 32bit java)

your approach may lead
http://hackawii.com/wiimote-virtual-reality-3d-computer-manipulation/

another approach may be
http://www.geocities.jp/classiclll_newweb/realIR3D/applet/index.html
the triangulation of a ir-spot with two wiimotes.
Reply #219 - Nov 1st, 2009, 6:39am

Wow!! Thank you! Smiley I wish I could do it, it would be perfect!

I will tell you soon
Reply #220 - Nov 3rd, 2009, 11:45am

Hi
This is exactly what I want to do, so thank you very much. However, I find it a bit difficult for me to implement all this equations using Processing.

For my application I guess I do not have to be too precise and I have enough with my sensor bar. There is one of your sketches that detects the IR light, can I calculate the rotation and position of one WiiRemote using your code?

Thank you!  
Reply #221 - Nov 4th, 2009, 3:13am

sorry, i've not tried to detect rotation/position of wiimote with ordinary sensorbar, because of the small angle of view of the wiimote's ir-camera. (i heard that it is about 40 degree)
and the difficulty of ordinal sensorbar approach may be to distinguish the ir-dot after out going from wiimote's camera-view.

if you can limit the wiimote usage, distance between two ir-dots on camera gives you the distance guess from sensorbar, and angle from hollison(x-axs) gives you the rotation guess.
but it will have strong limitation of usage, i think.
Reply #222 - Nov 28th, 2009, 8:06pm

I'm slowly trying to figure this out... So far I've gotten the wrj4p5 library and loc to work.

but when processing gets to this:

wii=new Wrj4P5(this).connect(Wrj4P5.IR);

it gives me the error:

ClassNotFoundException: wiiremotej.event.WiiDeviceDiscoveryListener

I have downloaded the WiiRemoteJ v1.6 but no matter when i place the jar file i keep getting the same error.

Someone please help.
Thanks.
Reply #223 - Nov 28th, 2009, 8:08pm

I should add to the above that all I'm trying to do is to use the Wii and Processing to Track IRPens so that i could draw lines with them in processing. Should be pretty simple. But i can't even get Processing and Wii to talk.

Any help would be appreciated.
Reply #224 - Nov 28th, 2009, 8:58pm

nariman wrote on Nov 28th, 2009, 8:06pm:
ClassNotFoundException: wiiremotej.event.WiiDeviceDiscoveryListener
hi
above class was appeared from WiiremoteJ 1.5, so Wrj4P5 uses the class from alpha-006.
pls try the newest wrj4p5 from below
http://sourceforge.jp/projects/wrj4p5/
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16