We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › wrj4P5, WiiRemote P5 Library - Alpha
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 
wrj4P5, WiiRemote P5 Library - Alpha (Read 93287 times)
Re: wrj4P5, WiiRemote P5 Library - Alpha
Reply #195 - Apr 8th, 2009, 6:56pm

i'm glad to hear that, wayfarer_boy and AJJ !
and thank you for your feedback on unix, wayfarer_boy.
Reply #196 - Apr 9th, 2009, 7:40am

I get this error when I try to use the LEDs:

java.lang.NullPointerException
     at lll.wrj4P5.WiiRimokon.setLEDs(WiiRimokon.java:353)
     at wii.draw(wii.java:40)
     at processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(PApplet.java:1423)
     at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:1328)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Is this an actual bug or have LEDs not been implemented yet? Or an error on my side? Not a huge problem, just wanted to mention it. Smiley

EDIT: seems like I get it even when not even using the function? Huh
Reply #197 - Apr 11th, 2009, 6:32am

ALJ
pls post your sketch codes.
the feedback functionalities (like LED/Vibration) are still unstable.
this is the reason of keeping alpha.
Reply #198 - Apr 11th, 2009, 12:00pm

Code:
import lll.wrj4P5.*;
Wrj4P5 wii;
void setup() {
 System.setProperty("bluecove.jsr82.psm_minimum_off","true");
 size(300,300,P3D);
 wii=new Wrj4P5(this);
 wii.connect();
}
void draw() {
 background(0);
}

Something this simple still throws the error I mentioned before. It happens just when the WiiMote has connected. Thanks for helping out. Smiley
Reply #199 - Apr 11th, 2009, 6:27pm

>ALJ
that is the problem i'm having on ppc lepard, and first report on linux.
on ppc lepard, after the first two (or three) connection trials with restarting P5, i get the success connection.
it may be occured from the combination processing1.0+java5(or 6)+wiiremotej1.5, and i have not solve this problem.

how on your linux?

[edit]
if you want the bit-moderated temporaly ver. i am currently trying, pls send me a mail.
or, playing in the eclipse has no trouble on my env.
Reply #200 - Apr 12th, 2009, 7:45am

I have Processing 1.0.3 and WiiRemoteJ 1.6.

Actually, it always connects. Also in 1st try. No connection problems at all. But right after it has connected I get the error and the function to set LEDs does of course not work. Connection is still working though and I get coordinates from the sensors. So it's actually not a big problem, everything is 100% stable and works as it should, except for the setLEDs function. Smiley
Reply #201 - Apr 12th, 2009, 8:39am

i think i understand your situation.
your situation is from the feedback instability.
on wrj4p5-005 + p5-148 + wiiremotej1.3, this instability is small.
see an old sample sketch
http://www.geocities.jp/classiclll_newweb/IraIraBar/applet/index.html
but no improvement from the middle of
http://processing.org/discourse/yabb2/num_1186928645_75.html

P.S.
is your wiiremotej 1.6 or 1.6a see
http://www.wiili.org/forum/wiiremotej-f68.html
Reply #202 - Apr 15th, 2009, 2:55pm

In my changelog it says WiiRemoteJ 1.6b, apparently he does silent releases once in a while. Processing 1.0.3 and wrj4P5 alpha-010.

However, if it has interest, I can confirm that IR tracking and vibration works on Ubuntu (Linux).

If you could use help with the debugging on Linux at some point, feel free to send me a PM. I spend a lot of time on this at the moment so I wouldn't mind. Smiley
Reply #203 - Apr 19th, 2009, 2:56am

ALJ wrote on Apr 15th, 2009, 2:55pm:
If you could use help with the debugging on Linux at some point, feel free to send me a PM. I spend a lot of time on this at the moment so I wouldn't mind. Smiley

thank you for your offer!
but
as i say at the middle of
http://processing.org/discourse/yabb2/num_1186928645_75.html

i've not solve the Wrj4P5's probrems around the feedback functionalities, like
1. LED and vibration work, but not stable.
2. sound is not available.
3. read/write mii-data from/into a remote.(no intention to make it available in wrj4p5)
the information from the wiiremote arrives at rate 100Hz, on the other hand the draw() is called at most 60 times per second on the processing.
i've not found the stable way to feed the instructions/data back to the wiiremote.
this is the reason of being alpha

although the probability of these errata is low, these may be in the WiiremoteJ. i'm looking fowerd to resolved version of the WiiremoteJ.
Reply #204 - Apr 20th, 2009, 5:46am

I trying to use wrj3p5 using Os X 10.5.6 (Intel), a self compiled bluecove 2.1.0 and Processing 1.0.3.
I am currently stuck at the "trying to find a wii" point.
WiiRemoteJ_1.6 is working, tested it with WRLImpl.java.

Any suggestions?
abw
Reply #205 - Apr 20th, 2009, 6:09am

hi abw
as mentioned at the middle of the previouse page
http://processing.org/discourse/yabb2/num_1186928645_180.html

pls try blucove2.0.3 instead of 2.1.0,
or insert the following code as the first line of setup(){};
Code:
System.setProperty("bluecove.jsr82.psm_minimum_off","true"); 

this preparation will be added to the next version of wrj[4]p5. Wink
Reply #206 - Apr 20th, 2009, 7:07am

I was just wondering if anybody had had a look into making a good cursor/pointing sketch for the WiiMote in Processing I'm thinking something along the lines of this:

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wiimote/Pointing

Inspiration could probably also be found in some of the GlovePIE scripts on this page:

http://www.wiili.org/index.php/GlovePIE_Scripts#IR_Scripts

It could be interesting as I could imagine a lot of people would use the WiiMote for this kind of pointing. I might give it a try at some point myself but I could imagine someone with better math skills would be able to do it a lot faster than me.

The reason I mention it in here is because it might be interesting to maybe have it an integrated part of wrj4P5 itself but I could imagine that Classiclll is busy with more important stuff at the moment. Any ideas Smiley

EDIT: I got it to work by calculating the position according to two IR points. I also managed to apply a rotation matrix based on the roll of the WiiMote so up will always be up on the screen, even if you roll the WiiMote. It's still a bit crude and has no filtering or corrections when one dot disappears and it should maybe also calculate roll by using the two dots. I'll keep working on it but if somebody is in need of the same code feel free to ask. Smiley
Reply #207 - May 5th, 2009, 10:38pm

hi all

bug fix release of wrj4P5(alpha-011), Loc(beta-005), l4p5(beta-003)
https://sourceforge.jp/projects/wrj4p5/
and, although just intermediate, the new sample sketch "3D IR-pointer"
http://www.geocities.jp/classiclll_newweb/realIR3D/applet/index.html
this sketch needs the newest libs.

>ALJ
i'm interesting the potential of wiiremote as a new interactive device, not as a mouse.
so i don't intend to include the mouse emulation functionality.
i think your implementation is detecting yaw(and roll/pitch) of a remote with the ordinal sensor-bar projections onto the remote's IR-camera.(in stable movement, roll and pitch are implementated in wrj4P5, with the gravity vector of the acceleromete.)
would you post your code, if short ?
Reply #208 - May 6th, 2009, 2:02am

I was thinking about the same idea of using the IR readings for detecting roll/pitch/yaw but right now I just use the accelerometers from wrj4P5 (like everybody else probably does). I guess it won't be too hard to calculate at least the roll from the dots themselves on the IR but we are using this for a university project and the project has changed a bit so I don't have time for doing an implementation right now as it is not necessary for the project.

My idea is probably the same as yours. Take two dots from the IR, find the angle between them and use this angle in the same way as the angle from the accelerometers to make sure the movements are always what the user expects. I haven't done an implementation of it yet though. Smiley
Reply #209 - Aug 31st, 2009, 6:42am

Hi all,
Has somebody tried to use wiimote in sketches of Processing with the new Windows 7? I am trying to incorporate the Wiimote in one of my sketches to improve the sensation of reality and to make it more interactive. For that reason, first I am trying with some of the simple sketches of Classiclll, but still without detecting the remote. Like some of the previous posts with the same problem… it says: BlueCove version 2.1.0 on winsock trying to find a wii.

I had BlueSoleil before and it detected the wii remote perfectly outside Processing. Even with the soft WiinRemote I was able to make the Wiimote as the mouse of my PC. I read this entire topic and saw that people had the same error as me and that with the Widcomm drivers was solved to them, but I have uninstalled BlueSoleil and installed Widcomm but stills without working! Widcomm soft detects the Wii Remote, like BlueSoleil but using Processing does not work. I have tried some previous versions of BlueCove but it does not work either.

I do not know if it will be because I am using Windows 7, but if somebody knows something, please help!

I have:  
  java 1.6
  processing-1.0.6-expert
  bluecove-2.1.0.jar
  Loc.jar beta-005
  wrj4P5.jar alpha-011
  WiiRemoteJ v1.6

Thank you very much!! Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16