We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › Alternate Folder Location for Processing Libraries
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Alternate Folder Location for Processing Libraries (Read 512 times)
Alternate Folder Location for Processing Libraries
Aug 9th, 2007, 2:23pm

Question about where we can put libraries.  I'm running a class on processing at my school, and we have it installed on the machines in the lab.  Unfortunately, this means we don't have write access to the libraries directory, so we can't add new libraries to our installations.  

Is there another location we could use, perhaps an easy way to change the classpath?  Is there a way to add in libraries on a sketch-by-sketch basis?  Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Re: Alternate Folder Location for Processing Libra
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2007, 2:32pm

You can (I think) add libraries to a sketch by hand, just create a 'code' subdirectory in your sketch, and pop the jar files in there.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1